"Lordy, lordy, DeathwatchBeetle is........

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jan 25, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Lordy, lordy, "DeathwatchBeetle is over 40, actually over 1691, Posts not years.

You folks know I am Whacko, if you don't I am telling you it is true, as true as blue is blue. I am approaching a milestone on his forum. One I dread. A truly personal thing, like not going out with clean underwear when riding in an airplane.

When I hit Post #1790 I am going to ask one of our wonderful moderators a question. I will come with my hat in hand like a supplicant asking for re compensation. I will be humble and simply ask a question. It will go something like this....

"Moderator person I have a question for you. It is this........" and I will ask my question. I will ask them to simply give me one of 4 answers: They being....

1. Can't
    2. Won't
    3. Will
    4. Here's a free rope go hang yourself.

I will do the "Scissors cut Paper" routine to decide which of the eight to ask. There are a diversity of moderators, from the technical, through the invisible to the religious. We will see which one I decide on.

If I don't make Post 1791 you know what happened.

If I survive that trial by fire, I will continue to Post till I hit 1799 and then I will ask all you folks a question. I expect civil answers cause I got the rat button now. Ya ever see a rat eat it's babies? It is worse than seeing a rabbit Doe devour her kits.

So just a heads up. Postbeetle

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Mr. John, what is the chance of you giving us a 72 or 96 hour advance notice of this historial moment. I would hate to have a guide trip on that day, I'm sure I would or could not give it my best, knowing what might take place. Please and thank you. Mr. Mac

3. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There you go pickin on the Mods again. They'll be nervous till 1790 now.
    At the rate you yap that'll be next week.:wink::smile2:

Personally, I thought this was a thread about your birthday, when is your birthday? Need to know so I can send a present by carrier pigion.

Try to behave yourself beetlebug, we'ed miss your posts if ya get the Mods too upset. Although I think it's pretty hard to anger some of them.:roll_eyes:

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    :waaaht:I don't know what the significance of the numbers 1791 or 1799 is but I'm sure it will be a earth shattering revelation. Please give us a heads up, don't want to miss this one!!! LOL

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just get to the point John. I hate drama. LOL! That and perky just about push me over the edge.:wink:

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    deathwatchbeetle,

Thanks for making the BOC the great place it is!

Congratulations on reaching 1694 posts and reaching the place of becoming more rank.

Initiate-0
    Apprentice-10
    Squire-50
    Swordsman-150
    Archer-300
    Master Archer-400
    Warrior-500
    Master Warrior-600
    Paladin-1000
    Master Paladin-1400
    Knight-1800
    Master Knight-2300
    Crusader-2800
    Master Crusader-3200
    Night Blade-3600
    Master Night Blade-4200
    Champion-5200
    Grand Champion-6200
    Marshal-8000
    Grand Marshal-10000
    Commander-12000
    Master Commander-13000
    BOC King -?

I thought I would go on ahead and get this one out of the way...it doesn't hurt that much, does it! :wink:

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Soon to be "Sir Postbeetle" ?
    :eek:oooh:

8. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    My grandmother used to "keep" me when I was little. She spoiled me R O T T E N.
    When she made a cake, I got to lick the bowl. I can see her sweet smile as she sang to me "Lick puppy lick. Lick puppy lick. Stand back big dog. Let the puppy lick"

Now, I do not have any idea why your thundercloud brought this to my mind. But, I hope it makes ya grin just a little. I made me smile to remember.

9. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    im gonna take a stab in the dark with my kabar here.

you are not only getting close to knighthood (that will be some heavy armor).

but, i also think you are approaching a significant date such as your b-day. maybe you are 1791 years young and turning 1801? either way give us the heads up.

10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    maybe he just doesnt like the number 8. who knows. with john there is never really any knowing whats going on, you just go with it and wait until the ride is over. lol

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    dont know what to m ake of all that !!!!!!!!!!:smile2:

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Beetle-What the heck now?Why in tarnations you all funked up this time ?Dont you go freaking out on us.You are holdin some secrets with all that nuclear stuff & all....AM I gonna have to get the dog and gun ? You know Cujo all jaws and paws? Yeah the one that could take one bite out of that wee lill melon prolley squeeze yer see balls out in one chomp! Oh and I didnt mean to scare you with the gun,thats incase cugo wants my hide to:wink: You know You gotta be careful there out there and watchin.........as sure as yer hanky has snot on it yes sir ree I knows they is:big_smile::tounge_out::smile2:

13. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    John now that you have got us sitting here with baited breath to see what you have got cooked up. what do you have going on now? Going to set back and watch to see whats up.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I think it might be the mode of transportation that is the root of the problem here. I'm sure he can manage the armor, but climbing atop an animal he considers none too swooft isn't to his liking.

15. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i dont know if he is afraid of becomeing a knight or not. from what i understand them boys up in that neck of the woods get all googly eyed over anything shiny. if they gave beetle a suit of armor i dont think he would ever get out from in front of the mirror. lol:smile2:

16. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kinda like a Lieutenant 'eh Joe. Depends on whether they can see my "Sword" It is probably a two way with a lot of filters.

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

John, I see you hiding in the corner of this thread. Keep that camera in the closet, stay in the house, and leave us out of it. With all that snow out your way and the reflection, we might be BLINDED! :crazy:

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Smooches, CatscratchFever I am behind that mirror Joe is talking about. LOL

Comb your hair Tanya, you just get out bed?

19. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    The way i see it is if we keep him on here long enuff before Nancy comes home for her supper, he will reach that milestone in no time. Like this afternoon. Then we'll all know what he is up too pretty quick!!!!! Just a thought!!!! Keep bumping this to the top so we'll find out!!!:wink:

20. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    OK John, now you have me totally confused, I may have to call the DR and get a sedative to get me through this. LOL