Loosing it.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I went out and washed the truck this morning. Then I got a bottle of Windex and some paper towels and started on the windows. I cleaned the driver's side window inside and out and then opened the back door and cleaned that window inside and out. Then I stepped around to the Windshield and thought "Where did I put the Windex?" I looked in the back seat and it wasn't there. Then I looked in the front seat and not there either. I looked in the truck bed, the back seat again, the front seat again, on the ground. It wasn't there. I was getting very agrivated. I hadn't gone anywhere since I started and had somehow managed to loose a bottle of Windex while standing right there.
    I was getting ready to call my wife and tell her to come and find it when I saw it. It was in my right hand. If any of you old farts can top that, I want to hear about it.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    LoL think for the laugh had simlar things happen to me.

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now thats funny.
    Its a daily even for me. Do it with my keys all the time. This heat dont help it non.

Too many doors done hit me in head. :tounge_out:

4. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey Grumpy, I hooked the handle on my pants pocket while I was washing windows, figured I had lost it, not just the bottle but LOST IT, sat down and it came unhooked on my pocket, yep know what you mean.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Hmmmm I am only 22 but do that stuff all the time... keys, wallet, windex, all sorts of stuff...

Is this a bad sign for me? LOL

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    yep it is a very bad sign for you.

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have done that with tools while working on my truck. I hope our minds were just thinking ahead of what we had to do next.
    Bill

8. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Saturday night I played the drums, and when I was putting them away, I couldn't find my sticks. I looked all over the place. I was asking everyone if they had seen my sticks. Then someone said, they are in your back pocket. Talk about embarrased.

9. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Nope, can't beat it, you win.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey John why bother youll just be walkin around looking for the poles in your hand all night anyways

11. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    You think maybe we could find a sane person to go with us just in case we sunk the boat, set it on fire or maybe even lost it?

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    They say the second thing you lose is your mind.....I forget what the first is.

13. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Senior moments, if you haven't had them you are in for a treat. I've got it bad too. I pull my glasses up on my head sometimes, instead of laying them down, or putting them in my pocket. You know you look stupid when you can't find them on top of your head!! Just think, they say it gets worse! Good fishin', if I can find where I put those hooks! Jack.

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Now I am scared to death of a "sane" person.They are always so busy telling everyone how smart they are.They don;t waste their time fishing for Catfish.Yep!They do know how to scare me.peewee-williams

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I have lost my glasses on top of my head several times. When i wear a hat I am constatly messing with it. Pulling it off and putting it back on. Well i had it on backwards once and went to reach for the bill and it wasn't there. I looked all over for my hat cause i knew that I wore one that day. I asked my son if he seen my hat and he asked which one. I told him my Indiana hat. He said yeah I seen it. Called me stupid and left. Then I passed a mirror and found my hat sitting on my head. Boy did I feel stupid?

16. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Not trying to top your story, Grumpy, but I recall one trip to WallyWorld with my wife. After entering the store, we went our separate ways. I made my purchase, got in the truck and went home. Guess who called me about an hour later, mad as a wet hen?

Have a nice day.

17. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Sounds like you just got tired of waiting and did some serious thinking after the fact.Yep!That is the story that I would have also told.peewee-williams.

18. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Oh, I need a lost and founk box in my house and I live alone.

19. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I have had to wear glasses since the 5th grade and a few years ago I woke up seeing just fine. I started thinking the Lord had healed my eyesight but after a few moments I realized that I had my glasses on. Man that was a bummer.:embarassed:

20. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    you ain't the only one on that one. I had LASIK in Feb. and still keep reaching for them.