Looper rig question

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by brinley45cal, Mar 25, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I know alot of you use looper rigs,ive never tried it and this year id like to try some dip baits.So my question is which looper rig do you guys use?which one you like the best ?the circle kahle or treble?I cant decide which one to order.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I use the Circle and the kahle, depending on what/where im fishing...

If you have not used a Circle, just pitchout there and you DONT set the hook.

The Kahle, you can set the hook, or let the fish hook themselves. I lean toward the kahle as my fav, though the circle has it place..

Try one of each.. At $3.50 for both, aint gonna break the piggy bank..

3. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    well i was thinking about ordering one of each three styles but i dont really know which one to get.i dont want to buy all three if one is better then the other but to experament the first time i may have to just buy and use all three just to see which one i like the best but i dont know decisions decisions lol.

4. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    James if you want to order some I can make you a pack with (1) Circle (1) Kahle.Because once you use them you'll like them then you can order as many of the one you like.
    Loop

5. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Man that sounds great what do i need to do to order one of one circle and one kahle?Generaly whats the longevity of those rigs?And can they be cleaned up after use? Sorry for all the questions but im new to dip baits and rigs for them but yours come highly reccomended so i wanted to give them a try.I look forward to hearing from you.

6. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Sent you a PM
    How long do they last is hard to answer I have one I've been using for about 3yrs an hundreds of fish later it looks a little ragged but is still working.
    As far as cleaning them out i don't worry to much about that.I smack them in the water a half dozen times whats left is ok my poles are either in the back of my truck or boat an go into the garage.If you ned them cleaner than that you have to bite the bullet an use your fingers to wash them out,good thing is you can slide them up the leader so you don't have to worry about getting hooked.
    Loop

7. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    If your a stink bait fisherman, loopers are the way to go. I like the kahle's best for fishing from the boat as I get to set the hook and the circle hooks for off the dock when I most likely end up away from my pole doing something other than watching my pole. I bought, I think 3 of each and I don't think I've touched the others as I'm still using the first one of each and they are nasty but they sure have personality.lol I think the first thing that's going to give out is the mono but I'm just guessing. If there is a problem with them it would be that they wind the line all around the hook when you get it and it stays like that for quite some time. Wish they would figure out how to package them with the mono straight so you don't look like your fishing with a wadded up line. I tried stretching it, using warm water and stretching it but that line has a memory like a cheated on woman. Just a thought.

8. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    I use a leader line that has a medium memory rating to be cost effective.Have been looking at some low memory mono spider line that I really like.
    I've made rigs with it an packaged it an when you take it out of the package it's not coiled as tight it takes about 5 mins for it to streighten in cool weather. Trying to keep the cost factor down is the problem better low memory line means more cost.Which means I have to pass some of that along to the customer. Until I get it worked out I guess you could replace the leader with one of your choice.
    Loop

9. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Hey loop i sent you a pm let me know if you got it.I was just basicly telling you id send that money and my address out soon thanks.Do you have to use the leader that comes with it or can you cut it off and tie it stright to your line?

10. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Trout fishermen use a folded leather tab to straighten the curl out of leader/tippet line. I tried using that on the Looper Rig leaders, and it worked fairly well. I just pinched the looper leader in the leather and pulled it through about half a dozen times. There was a slight bit of curl left, but most of the tight curls were gone. I would think any piece of leather (like a short piece of old leather belt approx 4" then folded in half would work fine). Something to try anyway.