Loop Knot

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by Katmandeux, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
  2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dave that looks to be a real strong, and fairly simple knot to tie thanks.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Darn, I have been using that one for years. Didn't even know it had a name, just "tie a loop". LOL

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Unless I'm mistaken, you guys are talking about a "dropper" loop knot.... the term loop knot is one that I use to tie onto a hook if I dont want the knot to be snug around the eye of the hook... Or if I dont have a swivel, and or do not want a swivel attached to ..... say a small lure like a floating minnow lure or plug, then I use the loop knot to attach it so that there is more action to the lure..... more than if the knot was pulled tight to the hook...... I sometimes use this in the ocean with live bait to get more freedom for the bait to more more naturally.... See the picture that I have attached..... first make a loop...... then feed through the hook, and then back out and through the loop, and then around the main line 4-5 times, and then back through the loop, and then pull tight.... you now have a knot that is up from the hook, and there is a loop at the hook to allow for hook movement, and bait movement without a tight knot at the hook...... what you say.....

bayrunner ray

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi