loomis joins petty enterprises

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    wow! big news here - robbie is cut as gordons crew chief and goes to petty

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Well, I think the sport has passed Loomis up some, he just didnt get the job done in the 2nd half of the season. J. Gordon has been struggling with ill handling race cars in almost all the races lately. Loomis started out with the Petty's , he should feel right at home there.

3. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    He spent 11 years with the Pettys. Maybe he'll get Kyle a win. But at this point, a top ten would be good for kyle.

Loomis will finish the season as an asistant for Chad Knaus and the 48 team.
    Loomis's assitant will take over as the 24 crew chief.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've felt this wasn't Loomis' call to leave the 24 team. But i think he still remains close to the Petty's

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I wonder if Kyle pays better then Richard did.
    If you haven't read it , a good read is Wide Open by Shaun Assael.
    Great book that an unbiased author wrote.
    He followed 3 drivers for a whole year to every track. Hamilton, Brett Bodine, and Dave Marcis.
    Since he was new to the sport I think it made his book better in some areas as he didnt take for granted that readers might already know something or feel that they would.

It digs deep into the money end of it with sponsors and things that went on on and off the track.

Probally one of my favorite parts is when hamilton asked Richard for a raise and Richard declined.
    Later Richard told him if he won a certain race he would give him a 100G bonus
    He won it and gave the check back to Richard and told him he asked for a raise, not a bonus. The raise would have been less.

Got alot of driver antics in the book to my knowledge was never common knowledge outside of NASCAR.

Probally one of the most stunning facts that came out for me was that Richard is a notorious tight wad when it comes to pay.
    His teams at the time supported the lowest paid personel. Hamilton was the lowest paid driver on the circuit.

6. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    forgottenheart- Loomis will only be the asistant crew chief for the rest of the season. Chad Knaus will continue to be the 48 crew chief.

7. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Just goes to show you that Everham was the biggest reason Gordon was winning - Hendrick should have taken him on as the partner instead of Gordon - Loomis will fit nicely back at Petty and Guys, who will he be the crew chief for next year - Green?

Who thinks Gordon will try to go Formula 1? Remember the test?

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    screen, F-1 is a young mans' game. and gordon is no longer young in racing years. he could have made it in F-1 had he went earlier, but he will not go now. if he did, he wouldn't be able to get a top notch ride.

and i agree that evernham was a great big part of gordons success. i would just like to see kahn get this crappy luck behind him. he seems to have inherited elliots luck :crying:

kasey is an excellent driver, and he will win a championship or 2 before he is done

9. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

it was a great thing to see KYLE PETTY in the top 10 sunday,if he can back
    it up,i think it will help restore his confidence in his driving.he has the talent
    and the resoures to be a winner again.at least for that 1 day he was not
    just another driver going around in circles.GOOD JOB KYLE. :D

10. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Phil - Ya your right on both accounts! But gordon will never get to 7 and Kahn cooled of this year but Ray won't let him down and will make the changes to put Casy in the chase next year

Kapt- Kyle spends so much time with the charity that I don't think he has his mind on racing all the time - But at least he has his mind on something worth while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

i agree with you about KYLE,the charity work he has done will be remembered
    long after he is gone,but it was still nice to see him finish in the top 10.it
    is great to have him and other drivers use some of their $$$$ for helping
    others.im still a fan of his,and wish him well,he has been thru some really
    hard times.
    CAPT.KIRK :)