Looks like the Neosho is up

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by onlyone, Apr 30, 2006.

1. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I corssed the Neosho on 400 hwy today on my way to work. Theres a little red house on the north side of the road. Looked like another foot or two higher and the river would be in their front yard. Should get the fish moving I assume. Here in Galesburg we ended up with a little less than 4 inches. How did everyone else do.

2. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Dog gone it the neosho river is up & I wont be able to fish it for a week at least. The story of my life. Stump jumper

3. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I caught it on the rise this weekend. Me and my friend set out friday after school and fished the river till midnight , 6 to 1 and 6 to 11 on Saturday night and 2 hours today. we ended up with 14 5 channel and 9 flathead. The channel were all over 5 pounds and the flats all over 7. My friend caught the biggest flat that was about Identicle to the one I caught last weekend. The Rapala Scale said 14.8 lbs. Im convenced that one of the best times to fish that river is when it is on the rise. From low to realy high. The only thing that stinks is that you cant put a boat out when this is happening or it is easy to get into trouble.

4. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Of course the week before finals is when the fishing gets good. :crazy: