Looks as if the Water is going up

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by fishnfwl, Mar 16, 2008.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like the rivers are going to be full and trashy again, Calling for rain in inches next few days and have a flood/flash flood watch until weeks end :crazy: Any of you head out keep it safe, if the map they were showing is even close to the rain fall amounts there is going to be some serious water headed down for a while.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, I just got off the phone with Robert, he's saying they're calling for LOTS of rain in this neck of the woods. The ol' MO will be sending some major water down St. Louis way.....

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah, channel five just said 2 to 4 inches of rain. The ground is already saturated so it all has to run straight to the rivers. Look out folks, the rivers will both be out of the banks in a matter of days.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep Bob, also was looking at the map up north and they are showing 3-5" of rain to fall up Iowa area and a bit North, man thats a lot of water going to be headed down, not to mention all of the northern show that still hasn't melted off. Ol' river sounds like she may get a bit nasty for a while..... Just gonna screw up them eye's for a while :sad2:.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    They are saying the Mississippi wil crest at Clarksville,Mo the 20th of Mar at 24.8 ft.Flood stage there is 25ft.Really look for it to be higher if we get all that rain thier saying.Plus all that North of us has to melt and come down also_Oh well it's almost Spring and this happens every year.

6. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    That's all right some of my best fishing has been in high water situations.:big_smile:

7. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    high, low, no water it doesn't much matter as long as u have a boat!!:smile2::angry:

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Well Jason, you and I are going to need to hook up and go fishing together then when all that water gets here, I have the worst luck when the water is high!:angry: It seems that I have no idea what the hell I'm doing when the water is way up! :embarassed:

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I want to ride along too!:smile2:

10. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    the trick to high water is trying to remember what it looked like when it was above the water (STRUCTURE).

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Where I fish that's a no brainer....but I still don't have any luck! :crazy::confused2:

12. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    its tough somtimes because the fish get so spread out i will run & gun giving each spot about 15 to 20 mins other times i try to find area where i think they are commming and going and try to get in between i think a lot of it is dumb luck.

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Well I could use some of that dumb luck!!:smile2::smile2: Maybe......if you're feeling like you just don't want to pull up an anchor, you could give me a call.........you know, I'll just hang out and watch and pull anchor for ya in exchange!!! :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

I'm batting a big fat %.000 in high water conditions!

14. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    sounds like a hell of deal to me! but i'm not going to let u just hang out you'll have to set a few hooks too!

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Well.........OKAY twist my arm why don't ya!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I don't know Justin. Mr. Muscle man of the world here couldn't pull my anchor below the dam once last year. Had to cut my line!

The wimp!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The magic number for the tournament will be 26 feet. Anything above that on the gauge and we will probably have to reschedule the tournament. 26 and below we should be okay. Keep your fingers crossed.

18. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Where can I find that guage on the river charts? I need something to stress on for the next couple of weeks!:smile2:

19. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Is that 26 at St. Louis Cuz???