Lookng for a junk 1980's OMC 75 horse

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Sep 3, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Blew my motor on Monday and I'm looking for an organ donor. I need a cylinder head, piston/rod, and possibly a block. If any of you guys have an old (1980 or so) Johnson or Evinrude that's shot laying around that you don't need I'd make you an offer on it. Thanks!

Branden

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll call a buddy of mine in Grove. He has a huge boat salvage. I'll try to contact him tomorrow evening. Several dealers in this area also.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thanks man! Get out there and see what's wrong with yours and maybe we can get a volume discount:smile2:

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hey man, try USBOATS off of 7th street. I know they have a lot of salvage motors laying in there shop.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, I'll try them this week as well. Trust me, I'm looking everywhere for inexpensive parts right now - I need to get this thing back together before I forget how I took it apart:smile2:

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    this guys in sweet springs and lots of old junk motors might try him

andys boat repair 660-335-4400

hope you get it fixed soon !!!!!!!

7. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Sorry to hear about your motor wish I could help you out But I'm like 4hrs from you.I will keep my ears open for you.:big_smile:

8. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i had a guy ask me the other day if i was interested in buying a 85hp evinrude, he said it just needed 1 part that cost about a 100 bucks and that was it. has all the controls and everything. said he would take 250 bucks for it. ill have to do some checking on what year it is and everything but it sounds like a hell of a deal to me

9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Brandon you already have one junk motor. Why do you want another one:wink::smile2:? Hope you find one.

Tom