Looking to start a weekly Rend Lake trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by big-muddy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hey all you folks if your close to rend lake, i have been thinking about starting up a little weekly BOC fishing trip. a little something to get through the work week looking forward to.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    That is a good idea. I just bought my first boat today. A 15' semi V with a 25 hp Mercury. Should be perfect for Rend. I'd be interested in some night fishing down there or up here at Carlyle.

3. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    this sounds like a good idea to me. Just hope it all works and we all could do it and all. Hope I can talk the wife into lettin me go but I am sure she would let me as long as she can go from time to time. Keep me updated on how it all goes for this.

4. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Keep us posted on how it works. I was there today and caught 10 on chicken liver & worms. Going back tomorrow. I will be fishing fishing Gun Creek area. 18' duracraft with 25 hp Johnson.....and wearing bib overhalls...ha! ANyone in the area tomorrow give me a shout / we will trade tall tales.

Muddy, I checked out the old roadway just west of 37. Went north of the bridge toward the brush out in the lake. Those rocks are to shallow for comfort for me in that area.... . do you fish this area by boat or from the bank?

5. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Shane that sounds like a goog idea to me. I could possibly go the first weekend in July although I am more of a river fisherman. I would like to meet some of the BOC members. My wife won't be able to go, so I will have a big boat by myself.
    Dean I see you are from Cypress, I've been interested in fishing the Cache river do you fish it? Could you give me some info on it thanks.

6. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Count me in...I would be game for a weekly trip...I think it would be great to meet members from the BOC...

Heck maybe we could even put together a dinner meal after/before fishing or something...I am sure I could get my wife to cook up something...She likes to do that and Hey I like to eat so maybe if anyone else is interested we could plan a pot luck dinner/bar-b-que hamburger/hotdogs etc. and do some fishin with some pictures taken at the end of the fish...What does every one like to eat or does this even soound like something any of you would like to do...Also could we all or hook up at a campground or boat ramp for dinner...Big Muddy maybe you could even set up some music...Maybe I am getting to excited about this but it sounds great to me...

Please folks lets hook this up this summer...

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    yep its shallow right now, and i should have mentioned that. i havent gone out there in my boat yet at gun creek. the bank is gonna be the best bet right now just for where the road bed is, but those rocks and how close it is to the highway makes it not the most comfortable place to sit all night. the water is low right now, but its not the worst ive seen. its a tricky lake. you have to be careful in the shallows, cause there are stumps and rocks and stuff out there. thats probably why most catmen out there have really ugly boats like i do.!:lol:
    well about the weekly trip, for me its just about nailin down a set day so i can get my boss to give me the day off every week. location doesnt matter to me as long as its not like 100 miles or somethin. it doesnt have to be rend all the time, it could be carlyle or just wherever. are you guys pretty much off the weekends for the most part?

8. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Big Muddy, Thanks for the info.... I usually fish during the week but an occasional Saturday might work for me. Paul, that meal thing would top off a morning of fishing for sure. I think I could talk my wife into a black berry or peach cobbler.

9. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    mmmmmm....sounds great to me...I like peach

10. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I'm game and off thurs, fri, and saturday. My wife won't be able to attend for a while unless they get more help at work. I can have a fish fry going in thirty minutes, and people seem to like it since I have been volunteered to cook for our local club once a month.

11. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We just need to set up a date everyone can attend...any ideas...Earl,I would take you up on that...any special kind of fish everyone likes....Tell ya what I can do I will supply 40lbs of fresh fish if you cook it and we get enough interested and bring some other dishes to go with it ...Dean said he would talk his wife into making Cobbler (peach)would be nice...lol

I would like to have it at a campground near the resort off of HWY 57 and 154 only because that is a central location to the cleaning station...If we can set something up I think it would be wonderful...(Friday's) Sound good to me as long as it is my weekend off...

12. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I am leaving for Minnesoto on thursday will be back the 28th of this month. I can be there to fish and cook any weekend in July except for Saturday the 28th of July. I have already promised the Carbon lake club that date. We need to get an idea of how many will attend, 40 lbs. of fish will feed alot of people. Somebody set a date, and I'll be there.

13. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    A Friday would be super with me as long as we set it up a bit in advance! Paul, I might talk her into the peach and berry too! Guaranteed to make you smak your lips!! Might even get a potato salad as well. Heck, lets forgoe the fishing and eat!!!!!!!!!!!lol.

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well, fridays are awesome. the only one i cant do is the 6th of july caus i have to play a show so how about friday the 13th? :crazy: maybe not such a great fishing day.lol.

15. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    The 13th will work for me, I'll bring batter, oil, fish fyer. Sounds like a good time. I'll be able to access this site until about 1AM probably won't be back on until July 1st. I'll check status then. Thanks

16. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    At this point the 13th will work for me and my wife has agreed to cobbler and potato salad. (yep Paul it will be peach but dang it will cost me an arm and leg....lol)

17. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    At this point the 13th will work for me .....It Sounds so very good...I will bring the fish and couple gallons of tea...1 sweet, and 1 un-sweet
    Please bring your own Glasses,Plates,silverware or plasticware in my case this go around...

I am working with the BOC STAFF to get some Banners made but I will have to have them made if I want them so working on that see how it goes...Just might have poster boards/balloons my kids make for the first few meetings...My Idea is to get down on thursday night and set up a campsite and put up signs so everyone will know where to go...EVERYONE please stay in close touch so we find each other down there...and know the spot to meet for this lunch/dinner... My plans right now are at the campground near the resort just off of exit 77 off of HWY57 turn on to 154 towards Sesser go across first bridge and resort/campground turn off will be on your right...I will try to have some type of Sign at the Campground Turn off on 154 and on the Campgrouond road...this might just work...thanks to all of you....

18. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am having my wife work on making a few phone calls to Rend Lake and see about reserving a pavillion for the 13th...I will post more on this when the phone calls are made...and get the signs up...There is plenty of boat ramps to put in on Rend near this local,however maybe we can come up with a central location for this as well...Maybe if some one don't have a boat and would like a seat on a boat to fish they can either hook up with me or some one else coming down...

19. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ok, well looks like its the 13th then. is it gonna be an all day and into the night sorta thing? ive got some jugs im wanting to use, but ive only jugged at night. ill bring one or two buddies from here that are not members and maybe we can turn em into members! great job on gettin food too, guys. way to take the deer by the antlers on nailin down a spot, paul. if its gonna cost money for the pavilion, i can toss in on it. i would sure love to share a couple tall tales by a fire that night.and of course ill have the cardinal game playin on my xm radio.:smile2: so how many are in so far?l,

20. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Big Muddy sounds like a fun time I have a few jugs made up myself so we can throw them out and give it a go...I will let ya know about the cost of the pavillion and go from there...I would sure love to share a couple tall tales by a fire that night as well and of course the cardinal game playin on xm radio would be a real treat...

Please let me know approx. how many we will have so I bring enough fish...Can anyone else think of anything else the would like to bring for the dinner/supper and a time we need to have it ready...I was leaning more towards a supper meal around 5-6 pm any objections to that kind of time frame to eat?

Can I please get a sign up list for who is Bringing what so we kinda know what all we are bringing so we all don't bring the same thing...Below I have a List started Please add to list if you can come...I will tell more of a time I will be there when I secure the Pavillion....

TONTO-bringing batter, oil, fish fryer
    (Earl)

DeerHunter4-
    (Paul)
    Fish - 2 gallons of tea 1Gallon Sweet,1Gallon Un-Sweet and Ice

ldw45-cobbler and potato salad
    (Dean)

Please come folks it will be nice to see everyone and enjoy an day/evening of fishing,tales,great food and company...