Looking to retire on a bluecat lake

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iviecatman, Apr 22, 2008.

1. iviecatman

iviecatman New Member

State:
    texas
    If you wanted to retire near great catfishing, have some trees, a garden and build a house where would it be? Don't have to be on the water, just want a thinly populated area. Don't want to be in a run down area of lake development gone wrong. I simply want to built a simply house for the wife. I would want to be no more than 10 minutes from a launch ramp on the lower half of a lake.

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    sounds like santee cooper area is what you're looking for

3. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    check out lake limestone, u can live 10 mins from the ramp and be in the sticks (kinda like Valera by Ivie) but still close enuff to a small town (groesbeck 10 miles) to get supplies. Also the property that is off the lake is affordable

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    look around cedar creek lake and lake livingston. both have a lot of bluecats and are pretty good areas.

5. kodys'papa

kodys'papa New Member

State:
    texas
    Tawakoni- still decent prices on property lots of public launches

6. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I would check out Amistad. But I like West TX. Also maybe Choke Canyon. I can't think of anything really wrong with Ivie.

Jim

7. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    yeah, whats wrong with Ivie? I have not found numbers of bluecats on that lake but have seen alot of big ones.

8. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    Richland Chambers has it all. There are tons of blues, not to mention all the yellow cats, and the prices have not gone sky-high. I have fished all the lakes mentioned in this thread, and Richland Chambers would be my pick hands down. Catfishjon

9. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Just take me with you please.

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey if I could have a house I would love to have it either on yatesville or kentucky lake its where I have my best luck at while fishing, be good to be able to live on the lake and fish anytime that you wanted too.