Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am planning on eventually buying a waterfront home on one of the Santee Cooper Lakes (either Lake Marion or Lake Moultrie) and I would like to primarily fish for catfish from my dock. Which particular areas of these lakes is best for fishing for catfish from docks? Should I base it off depth charts, and if so, what is the minimum depth I should look for? I might eventually buy a pontoon boat, but for now I'm concentrating on dock fishing. I am trying to avoid crabs constantly stealing my baits as well. And I would like to catch larger catfish if possible.

I have fished at these lakes before but I do not know the area well.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,210 Posts
Tzark,
For what it’s worth, I believe you can catch from just about anywhere there on any given day.
I fished it by boat 99% of the time but also caught good fish from the dock in the lagoon between Mac’s camp and the top of the diversion canal at Eadytown and from the dock in the “harbor” at Lakeside Resort just north of Eutawville.
No depth to speak of in either of those places and certainly not places you would look for big fish but as I say, there’s fish all over the lakes.
Can’t help you with the crab issue, never had a problem with them.
Nice place to live and you WILL get a boat; “resistance is futile”!!!

...W

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
957 Posts
Im not aware of crabs in fresh water.

Id never buy a place on any lake that i didnt have access to deep water. At a minimum i would have to be able to cast to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts