looking to make a couple of homemade firecrackers..

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Human Resources 31, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    what is a good gunpowder to use?

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    DAVE be safer to just buy u some all ready made ,did u see what happened at ocracoke island last weekend fireworks truck exploded killing 4 or 5 people ,they were the crew to set them off

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

Where would you like us to send the flowers?

Please don't...W

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Only got one good thing to say on this one Are you Nutz lol,,,

We gotta have a talk

5. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Highly Suggest Taking a CLASS B fireworks training corse if you want to make homemade fireworks if you dont you are just signing a death warrent, One static charge and its game over brother :sad2:

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Also taking that class will get u a atf permit and lic's to purchase class b fireworks & able to make your own if you want. Getting caught without the lic's and permits to do that wow i wouldnt want that trouble :wink: My gf's brother and i are going to take a class in fall so we can buy class B fireworks ex. m-80's 3 to 8 inch shells cakes above 500gram's not really intrested in makin my own fireworks i like my face and hands :roll_eyes:

7. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    I take the advice fellas and buy some lol...I just got a little antzy and wanted something a little bit bigger

:wink:

8. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    you live in missouri you should beable to get that kinda stuff over the counter:smile2:...... i spend lots and lots of money over there every year cuz nebraska fireworks laws suck:angry:

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    you play with gun powder you'll get something a little bigger if you dont know what your doing leave it alone and buy them better than dying for a boooooooommmmmmmm !!!!!!

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The closest I have come ,And will ever go making my own is home made smoke bombs. But I ain't tellin nobody how I do it. :wink:

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You are in public talking about building a bomb. I'm sure you don't mean harm but in today's world be careful.

12. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    I wasnt looking to make a bomb...just curious about getting possibly a license and making small fireworks not BOMBS I am a father not a terrioist!

:wink:

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry for my post,I was not calling you anything. If potatoes are unlawful french fries are not legal. Different people here words different. Again sorry I mean nothing bad towards you.

14. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Missouri and just a handful of states you can get class b fireworks its not really hard to get your hands on that type of stuff in missouri but i rather have the atf permit's and lic's to handle such explosive's lol i have done some stupid stuff in my life but im smart enuf to know when i need to take the proper courses for handling such item's :smile2: Also people who do buy cousumer fireworks, dont let the 500 gram cakes steer you away from the 200 gram item's Some 200 gram fireworks are better than 500 gram items, a lot of that 500 gram stuff is just a marketing ploy everything you buy will have a max of 6grams of lauch powder and so on and so forth for the visual breaks and the salute breaks, your best buy for the buck will be 500gram foutian's and sprinkler cakes more visual stuff, you want big bangs buy artillery shells with the name of Black momba, or sweet 16's thier off brand name made by the same company. they have the loudest salute's trust me on this ive spent 1000's on 1000's on fireworks i usally buy wholesale didnt have the money this year :sad2:

15. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You gotta be careful with that stuff. A friend of mine had an uncle making them in his basement when they went off. Cracked the foundation and obliterated his hands and arms up to his elbows, needless to say he didn’t make it.

16. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Human its very difficult here in Illinois to get any kind of fireworks license. Better off to go to Missouri and sneak your legal there toys back. Dont advertise what your carrying either. Our fireworks laws are almost as bad as our gun laws.

17. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    sounds pretty dangerous to me!!

18. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Dear Friend,
    Please consider in this day and time many folks have been killed,wounded and or mamied by an interest in making things that go boom!

The goverment will have a deem view on this interest!
    It is a profession for some and lots of training is required, should you make a mistake, there has in the past, seen many deaths!

Please lose this interest or it could cost you more than you know!

Brian

19. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    if i were you i'd stay away from trying to make fireworks, you can ask a friend of mine how that stuff works out he might write to you but he lost his fingers about 20 years ago trying to do the thing your asking about

20. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    You might be a redneck if ................................................ :eek:oooh::smile2:!!!