looking to fish in s.E kansas this weekend

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by hellzbells, Jun 4, 2009.

1. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    im looking to do some cat fishing this weekend ,i need some hot spots boys.Hows the bite at Chetopa,or areas close by. any chance of getting some flatheads? or blues

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Rivers up and Neosho should be hot.I'll be at gathering this weekend but will be fishing monday morning,its time for the big ones at the dams.

3. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    where do you suggest fishing on the neosho,ill be fishing from the bank

4. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Just find you a low water dam and they will be there.

5. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    would you suggest fishing for flatheads ,channels or blues

6. StiffPole

StiffPole New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Is there one behind the hospital in Burlington? I was thinking I saw one there with a boat ramp about 20 feet before the dam. I thought that was crazy.

7. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I'll be fishing for flatheads.Very few blues in Neosho except down south.Might catch some big channels while fishing for flats.I'll be using perch or bluegills or bullheads if I can find them.

8. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Yeah theres one there,not sure about boat ramp.Rivers kind of wild for a boat right now.7 people had to be rescued near Chanute last week.Its all private property anyway you cant go anywhere.

9. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    i never could catch one,do you suggest fishing at night or day for those or does it matter at all

10. StiffPole

StiffPole New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Yeah I got a buddy whos boat got ripped to shreds, and him and his wife and her friend were stranded at john redmond. I tried to get them but couldn't find them. I ran out of gas searching. I got a tow from some other guys fishing- they got a ride from water rescue. I went back with him to get all of his camping/fishing gear in my boat the next day. His boat was so shreded we couldn't even tow it out. Its still sitting on some rocks at the lake.

11. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I fish mostly mornings and evenings.Nights are good but I hate fishing at night not to mention thats when all the crazys and drunks are out.

12. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Man George sorry to hear about your buddys boat. That sucks. Hopefully no one was hurt.