Looking to downsize boats

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Okccatman, May 22, 2007.

1. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I am wanting a 18 foot or so boat with about a 40HP 2 stroke.

I have a 17 foot tri-hull with 115HP. need a little bit of work on the floor. Motor is in top condition.

Anyone interested in a trade or something of that nature post it here.

Here are some pics of it when I first got it.

http://davidfrantz.netfirms.com/boat page.htm

The carpet has been removed and the rear port seat has been chewed by one of my dog's. But other than that is is pretty much the same as you see in the pics.

Dave

Dave

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    BTW.... it has new water pump and water pump housing.

Dave

3. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dave-
    Go with a deep vee aluminum boat. Several reasons 1) lighter boat ,smaller engine ,better fuel efficiency. 2) less cost than fiberglass 3) higher sides to handle rougher water for drifting for cats. A catfish tournament friend of mine from Nebraska runs an 18' ALUMACRAFT with a 115 Mariner and he takes real rough water and stays dry.

catman george

4. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    George,

That is what I meant to write....... I want to get rid of the fiberglass and get a lighter Aluminum boat.

If I had the means I would just get a new Hull and Trailer and keep the motor. Unfortunately I will just have to settle on a smaller motor.

I will be listing it for sale in a week or two. I just figured I would ask here first if anyone was wanting to trade/barter. I would just assume do that than deal with the sale of old boat and purchase of new boat.

Dave