Looking to catch some big channels this season.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tomcat85, Feb 26, 2007.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Hey all im looking to catch some big channels this spring and summer. Ive been studying all winter and i have a whole bunch of techniques to try. Like fishing with bobbers and searching for new holes. I hear there are some big cats in the lake i fish ( lake arthur/moraine) The biggest ive caught is an 7lber. There is also a dam there with a creek and my buddy caught an 8lb channel. The only cats we have are channels. Id like to get into some bigger cats i dont know how big they get out there but i bet bigger than 7 and 8 lbs. Its hard fishing from the bank but im sure i can find some new spots. Id rather fish from the bank anyways. So any tips would be great! Thanks.

2. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    7 and 8 pound channels arent small. It is hard to consistently catch them bigger than that. Only thing you can do is keep your line wet and hope the big one is there.

3. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    mostly, I fishing on the bank, I caught 9lbs channel catfish on nightcrawler and my dad caught 8lbs channel on crappie minnow while he fishing for walleyes. I heard they catch big channel on cutbait as shad, minnow and sucker. but I would try use cutbait this year..