looking to buy a new rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by countrycat15, Sep 13, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hey yall,im lookin for a new rod 10 feet long and with a quork(spelling)handel and mabey med/heavy.i have seen rods like the big game and cat max,but i just find these to be to bulky for my likeing.

so does any body have any suggestions

btw-i want it to hold up to the biguns.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

You may want to try the eagle claw rod, or the american premiere nightstick rods, i think they both come in 10 foot and have cork handles..Berkely glow sticks also have cork handles, Im not sure about the length of those though

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If you have an Academy in your area, check out their rods and prices. Seem to be fairly decent. Don't know if there is that much difference in brand names though. Its like a cadilac and a ford...both get you there it is just the ride thats different.

4. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Id also say the eagle claw rod, though im not sure how much lighter itd be than a catmax

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Check out a cabela's predator rod , they are 11 ft though, I love mine .

6. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hay yall,untill today i had never seen the bass pro catmaxx rod's except for in pics.i was at the lake today and one guy there had two of the cat maxxs 11 foot heavy action,and it is exactly what im lookin for.when i save up enough im gonna buy 2 of the 11 footers and match it with 2 ammbasedur 7000c3's,that will be my ultiment combo.

7. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    i know what you mean even my ugly cat rod to me is bulky cant control my cast as good standard ugly stiks are hard to beat. good luck