Looking to buy 30 lb mono..

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by mhbomber, May 4, 2009.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I am about to purchase some 30 pound mono and was wondering what you guys recommend. I am looking at Berkley Big Game and Ande right now. Do you guys think one of these is better than the other or have another brand I should check out?

Thanks

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    IF you are set on mono, the Berkley Big Game is as good as any. IF you fish areas with much structure, the Power Pro super braid would be my choice. Through the years, I've had a heap of fish break me off in the snags using mono. Since switching to PP super braids, I can now managed to pull a lot of fish from the snags that would be hopelessly lost with monofilament.

Bill in SC

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    If I were going to use mono and mono only it would be premium salt water ande. I use braid 65 lb., 80lb, and 100 lb. but sill use ande for all my leaders. Also run ande 30 lb. ande on some of the abu 6000 and 6500's and 40 lb. ande on the 7000 and 9000. This is tough line, very abrasion resistant and ties strong knots. Never tried big game so I can't give any feed back on it.

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I just recently switched to Ande Back Country(20#) for drifting & I use 30# Big Game for anchor fishing.25# P-Line flouro leaders on both.All mono,no braids on my boat.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I started using sufix for my mono. It seems pretty good and does not twist up as bad as some of the others.

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I use Hi-Seas Quattro 30# mono, and It's absolutely the toughest, stuff I've ever used.

Let me know if you can't find it...:wink: I can get all you want..

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    and,,,, can get Ande also!!:big_smile:

8. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Suffix in Tangerine color is a great line.
    But my favorite is Andes Moster Yellow in 30#, That is some TOUGH stuff.:cool2:
    Easy to see too, plus it glows under a black light.:wink:

9. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    for what it's worth.
    Whichever product you choose, buy it fresh because there is a difference. I was lured into some bargain prices on ebay, and sorely disappointed with badly faded packaging and brittle old mono.....but I got a good deal!:smile2:

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    im using berkley trilene iron silk 30# solar mint ive only been out twice and it seems to be good line they it as tough as iron and it casts well also