looking foward to the weekend bite

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by jolie, Feb 5, 2009.

Are you fishing this weekend

1. Yes, I'm icefishing!

2. Yes, I'm river fishing!

3. No, but I've been fishing recently

4. No, I'm waiting for spring

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I am curious Now, How many of you are planning to go fishing this saturday (and if so, Ice fishing or river fishing)?

Weather is spose to be a balmy 45° but its NOT spring yet...Catfish will be hard to find...

for the first time in several weeks I am REALLY looking forward to saturday. the mild temperatures give me confidence that I might beat the skunk!!!!

If you go- Here's a big -- Good luck PA fishermen for ya
    :0a18::0a32:

...Make sure you share all those trophy catches with the board -- it helps with spring fever (err, well it actually GIVES me MORE spring fever, but then the can't wait feeling is somehow enjoyable:tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:)

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We'll be fishin' our first peedeecatmaster tournament of the season this Saturday. I'm really lookin' forward to hopefully give some butt kickin'! Win or lose, I'll have a full report in the SC section saturday night.

Bill in SC

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll be fishing the James River in VA on Sat and Sunday. Supposed to be near 70 on Sunday. Hope the skeeters don't eat me up as I am horseing in the Hawgs.:smile2:

4. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    well you boyz already are in the midst of an early spring aren't ya?!

no fair, we still have ice!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

I look forward to a good report. Good Luck!!!

5. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm planning on doing a little myself.... Don't have any ice though.... I guess I'll have to put a little ice on my beer and water... :eek:oooh:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I will be on the ice!!! :cool2: :0a18:

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i'm planning on saturday maybe sunday afternoon also i dont care much if i catch anything i have cabin fever so bad it will be good just to get out and wet a line

8. nut

nut New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    hell yea we'll be out, we only miss a few weekends a year, deer season, we're gonna hit the west branch of the susquehanna at shawville. it's below a power plant and if they're letting out hot water( i've seen it register 110 degrees in the summer) the bite is fantastic. we still do pretty good during the cold water releases. mostly some dink channels, jumbo perch, and the occasional smallmouth or trout.

9. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the BOC randy. I fish at times a warm water discharge as well in the winter! in the alleghany below the gasoline refinery at warren, most times the bass particularly like to hang out there... but this year hasn't been the same since a Heron and a northern pike started sharing my honey hole:tounge_out::smile2:

you can sumbit multiple entries, cuz I am planning on Ice fishing AND river fishing this weekend.

10. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I'm gonna try and get out on the Skuke somewhere:wink:Welcome Randy

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    May try the warm water discharge for some smallies and walleyes.

NO Ice-Ice Baby for me:cool2:!

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Hey good luck bill .

13. nut

nut New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    hey thanks for the welcome fellas, hope to learn and divulge some secrets. i live in central pa home to the world class trout waters laugh out loud.if it has gills and eats food i'll fish for it.

14. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Going to try some trout fishing on the Yough on sunday down confluence. It was stocked this week. Me and a buddy went 2 weeks ago what a cold miserable day that was when we would get out of the water our boots would instally freeze to the rocks.

15. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'd like ta get out and hit a spot or two, or atleast get out and scout for some new spots

16. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    knew I smelled a good day in the air. see PA ice fishing for a great fishing for me.

I see that we're not keyboard anglers :smile2::smile2: around here! lots of people fishing despite the season. I'd rep everyone that made it out, but that would be a bit flighty. its not even that cold, out. share the stories when you get the chance...

17. kolie

kolie New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    well that's awesome dad! just saying Good Luck!

See you around,

kolie:cool2::cool2::cool2::tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

18. nut

nut New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    well the river was locked up for miles above the dam at the power plant, so we expected COLD water conditions. 1/4 mile downstream is a good choice for jumbo perch and 15- 18 " channels. the water was pretty low, so we moved up into the tailout from the dam. water was a surprizing 47 degrees. alas no catfish to be found(tried everything cut bait, worms,waxworms) i did manage a 16" brookie on a 1/8 oz jig and curlytail. we'll be back they can run but they can't hide.

19. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    What a Neat catch! :cool2: Brookies seem an odd catch out of a major river. Even up here where trout can live year-round in the river (near the kinzua dam outlet), you almost never see brookies; big browns and rainbows- yes, but not brookies. some rep to start you out, and as a major thumbs up for the awesome catch.

20. nut

nut New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    thanks for the compliment jolie.you fish the tailrace much? never had much luck there, seems we travel2 1/2 hours and never look at the river levels be fore we go. i have to work this weekend but i'll see if i can spruce up my avatar and such.