Looking foward to coming home

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by rodsboys, Jan 20, 2006.

1. rodsboys

rodsboys New Member

State:
    Illinois/Alberta
    Hello everyone.I am originally from Peoria,IL and an looking foward to getting back home this summer for some catfishing .It really sucks up here as far as catfishing goes.I have only heard rumors about them up here.I plan to try out some hunches up here when it warms up and see if I can't catch any,but I am really pumped about about getting my lines back into Powerton.I spent many a summer day out there tearing those cats up when I was younger.How is the river and the Kickapoo creek in the Peoria area nowadays for fishing?I also spent a lot of time with my lines in those waters.Hell right now that little lagoon at Glen Oak Park sounds good to me.lol

Tony

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Welcome aboard, you have found the best fishin' site on the net. Good luck up there, and hurry home, yer cats are waitin' .

3. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Powerton is still going strong, the Blues and the Flats are getting in the 40+ lb range according to the Journal Star. Not alot of rain the last 6-8months, so the creeks and rivers are all low. When you get back, PM me, it's only an hour drive to Pekin for me.

Ray

4. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Tony, welcome to the BOC!!!

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I forgot that!!! Welcome to the BOC Tony! Duh!!!

Ray

6. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Tony, not too many bigun's in canada hay? lol. Welcome new illinois brother!!

7. rodsboys

rodsboys New Member

State:
    Illinois/Alberta
    Thanks for the welcome.It feels like home already.
    Rainman4u2-I sure will.

8. Rivercat2

Rivercat2 New Member

State:
    Morton,Illinois
    Tony: me and Rivercat1 live in morton and fish the Illinois River about every day we know were the BIG ones are let me know when you get back we will be glade to show you some spots.