Looking forward to Winter floods

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Nov 26, 2007.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Seems almost every year come mid December to January we have alot of rain and floodong conditions.... I know alot of you dont like this but the last two years i have caught some huge Cats in the flood zones.. When that water drops down to 2 or 3 feet I throw on the wadders and head out... This year im going to buy a rubber raft and a big basket to put them in this year... Never had a digital camera till this year so now i can take pics of the Monsters I pull up out of all the debree everywhere.... The biggest topped my old scale at over 50# and later died... Sucks when you cant revive them all..... But i am looking forward to it... just thought i would share that.. Oh and I turn all them lose in the river.. Cause when it drys up they all lay out there dead and i would rather catchem

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    im with you on this Shane its time for this river to do some thingthe river has been setting dead all year the clearest iv ever seen it its stayed at pool all summer long iv cought alot of fish but nothing like it should be

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    HI Shane I look foward to seeing your pictures.

Jaime

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Jamie... As soon as i takem i'll have them loaded up... Its like noddleling but not for sport... For saving large cats.. I need to look into wet suits too... cause on occasion i have gotten soaked

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Its around Mooresville Indiana... bout 15 miles south of Indianapolis....

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I sure will.. Aint nothing like it.. exspecially when the ice in the area is 2 to 3 inches thick and you have to break thru it to get a big cat out.. The carp are pretty amazing too..

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Paul , if you could video tape it and some how get it on the the BOC I know alot of folkes would appreciate it; I know I would.
    Hey Shane I can visualze what you are saying but pictures and video tape would be frosting on the cake!

Jaime