Looking Forward to this Weekend

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by HookLineSinker, Oct 25, 2007.

1. HookLineSinker

HookLineSinker New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks to Patrick and Ace for the post and pictures of last weekend. I thought I would include a couple pics from last week. Didn't get to fish Sat or Sun, but I hope that will change this weekend. See yall out there.

Attached Files:

2. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Looks like the night bite is on yet from your pitures.Nice cats

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I'll be out there Sunday. Good luck out there.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I be on the river at first light Sunday. Launching from Deep Bottom. Was plenty of bait right there two weeks ago. I'll be the solo guy in a Lowe Jon struggling with a Gill Net and no help.:smile2:

5. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was on the James last weekend and it was very discourging it was the first time in four years that i have not caught at least 1 50 pounder on a trip. I am from NC and fish the river regulary throughout the year, was just wondering if any of you other guys have been having trouble finding those big fish.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Dang man that is a healthly record for catching #50s! Did you mean at least one 50#er EACH trip?

Mark, nice fish and thanks for the pictures.

7. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yes at least one 50 on every trip over the past four years until last weekend, i usually fish the james 6 to 8 times a year for severl days at a time.

8. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry left out the pound symbol on the last post, but yes 50#'s.

9. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    According to Capt Hugh, the fishing slowed down the past two weeks for whatever reason. People were still catching big fish, but it was really scattered.

Paraguay, I'll keep an eye out for you. Will also be launching first light and I always get my bait from Deep Bottom - leave some shad for me.:wink: I know what you mean about handling that gill net solo, it's a bear, but I almost have my rhythmn down. I'm in a 16' Cape Craft cc. Good luck.