Looking for...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by thegavel, Sep 9, 2008.

1. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Hey ya'll.

I am looking for a Sportsmen for McCain sticker for my truck, has any state released these yet?

If so please let me know! I would love to have one ASAP!!!:wink:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm also looking for a sticker that says: Democrat for Palin.

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am looking for one that says, "Even though you put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig".

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    It is funny that I have not seen the hundred different stickers that I normally see this time of year

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I too am surprised, I think it has something to do with the fact that they just accepted the nominations...

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I guess your right. I bet we are in for it now.:eek:oooh: Every car we be wallpapered with someone on it.

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just something interesting, I was watching CNN yesterday, and this independant accountant had figured up how much all these "Changes" are going to cost us....

McCain new Taxes 485 billion (at least the middle class can plan on tax hikes)
    Obama's 365 billion (The upper 5% and oil companies and the companies that take jobs overseas can expect tax hikes).

Both parties plan on medical 65 billion a year. (Maybe congress could see their way into not give away 65 billion next year).

McCains great plan to cut Pork Barrell spend will save 35 billion a year and probably cost most of that to figure out what should not be spent, kind of like the IRS, spend 95 cents to collect a dollar from you.

Just some figures that neither candidate will talk about, nor do they want you to know.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry, I don't have one of those but I have the Veterans for McCain and have ordered the other one. :wink:

Attached Files:

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We've had a "Veterans for McCain" on our vehicles every since he was selected. But I never see any others for either side.

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Those ARE NOT the figures I have read.:roll_eyes:

It all depends on who is putting the 'spin' on the article.:wink:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Skip, you shoulda been a carpenter. You sure enough know how to hit that nail right on the head!!!

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah but either side you listen to it dont sound good, for any of us.......

I would call myself middle class, or just above the poverty line anyway, so here is how I see it.

If I vote for McCain I will starve slowly, due to high gas prices, no pay raises, poor economy, allow the oil companies free rein on how much to charge for a gallon of gas, that is if I can even find work to prolong it.

With Obama, I might have a chance to last a little longer here is why, he is going to give the middle class tax breaks, and eliminate the big business tax breaks, driving up the price of everything, gas is going to go up. What will save me is the social programs he is going to implement......:smile2:

so who are you going to vote for?

13. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I figure it like this, who ever we get in there will only last 4 years, when they dont come through with all the promises they have made. I think the Americans are tired of lip service and want to see some action.

14. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Frankly I have had enough of more and more and more 'social programs'. Yup.....I'm tired of paying others folks way through life. I know a TON of folks who milk the system and won't get off their butts and even feel 'entitled' to a free ride. Multiply those numbers by the WHOLE NATION and you'll get an idea how many freeloaders the government is supporting!More and more taxes too, I make enough that I am in the group paying for it all and not eligible for any of it, NOT THAT I WANT IT, I DON'T!

Drawing a free government check? I say pass a drug test and be on a gov't work crew to earn it. The 'people' would be horrified!

Earned income tax credit (and under Obama, TRIPLE earned income credit!!!!) More 'free' money, getting back MORE than you paid in.

I pay my way, just tired of paying everyone elses!:angry:

FLAT TAX! Too bad that isn't on anyones agenda!

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm with you Darryl.

At first, I said I would be voting against Hussein.

But since Sarah Palin came on the scene, I'm proudly voting FOR McCain-Palin!

16. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I am 100% with both of you!!!

17. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah I am with you.....you will never see a flat tax, it is too fair, everyone would have to pay the same. What I would suggest, is forget the tax and make increase the sales tax. When the Federal tax first came out, each state had to collect its share, determined by how many people it had in the state. Seems fair to me, the more people you have the more federal programs dollars you use..... Increase the sales tax 7% and bingo, no more taxes....

Here is the problem though.....me and another guy is going down to buy a new boat.....I want a new catfish boat......say 20,000, he wants to buy a 2 million dollar yacht...... For some reason, I just dont think a flat tax would fly in this country....my taxes on my boat are 1400 dollars on his it is 140,000....if you can afford a 2 million dollar boat, more than likely you are not paying alot of taxes anyway with all the loop holes....the guy buying th yacht would say that is unfair....

Then you have to think, if they did that, we wouldnt need accountants, and the IRS would dry up and blow away, how many people do you think that would leave unemployeed? So what it takes 95 cents for the IRS to get a dollar out of you, they dont care, they got their nickle.

18. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    :0a27: