looking for whaletail

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by daviey, May 2, 2008.

1. daviey

daviey New Member

State:
    fenton mo.
    i am looking for a whalestail for a 90hp yamaha jet.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc its great to have you aboard, I wish I could help you out on the question that you was asking, there is alot of fine brothers here on the BOC, and im sure one of them will be able to help you out, hope you are able to find someone on here that can give you some info.

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Where at in Missouri are you located? I know Troutt and Sons in St. james Missouri just off I-44 has them. There website is www.trouttandsons.com. Go on there and you can get there contact info if you need.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC. I have a whalestail for a 25 hp johnson that I do not have any more. If you think you can make it work I will give it to you. I dont need it any more. If you are around the kc area I will meet you some where to give it to you. If not if you would pay shipping I will send it to you. Might be worth a try to save some money. If you are interseted PM me.

Tom

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    What exactly is the purpose of a whaletail? Does it make the jet unit more responvsive or something? Just curious because I have a 50 horse Yamaha jet drive on my boat and was wandering what a whaletail would do for it if I got one.

6. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have never seen a whaletail on a jet unit.
    The most common thing I've seen is just adding some extensions to the jet foot, this is suppose to make the unit handle better.

Attached Files:

7. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    They are also supposed to help the boat come up on plain faster besides help on the handling of the boat.

Tom

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm going to talk to Troutt when I go pick up my boat from getting worked on in the next couple weeks about those whaletails and see if it would be worth getting one then. A lot of the bigger jet outboards that I have seen run them around here.