Looking for the best 2 piece rod i can get.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by KansasKatCatcher, Apr 2, 2009.

1. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Only reason I want a 2 piece is because I walk threw some pretty thick woods to get to my fishing holes.I also have to be able to put them in the trunk of my car. What's a strong 2 piece that can handle the big boys?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I prefer those white rods sold by Walmarts. Cost $20.00 each. If I break them, I only loose twenty bucks. They will hold just about anything most people will catch in their lifetime. Contrary to popular belief, most people don't catch fish weighing over 40 pounds. Some do, most don't.

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I really don't use 2 pc rods but my vote would go to the Berkely Glow Sticks...I have heard some great things about these rods from some guys that catch BIG fish often.

4. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    IMHO, I would tell you the Power Plus rods from bass pro, they're back by the catfish rods, 24.95. the only problem I have with them is that they are 2 piece rods.

5. beagle1963

beagle1963 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ugly stick catfish rod! No better rod for the money.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you are actually looking for the best two piece rod I would say a 300 dollar st croix would be one of the better ones.

But a great affordable rod would be a ugly stick big water, for around 80 bucks.

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    if you are willing to spend $300 on a 2 pc rod your nuts!!... No offense Jack but he could get pretty much any "custom rod" personalized with what ever he wants for less than that.... ones that are capable of a 20# + deadlift... your options are endless, just find one that suits your needs and then buy one a little tougher just to be safe

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    For a decent two piece rod I would go with Berkley Glow rods. Different lengths and actions available. Cost are not that bad either. I have three and keep them in the car trunk. Always be ready to fish at a moments notice.:wink:

9. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    I'm with Lawrence on this one go to wally world and get a Berkley Big Game two piece the conection for the two pueces are reinforced and there cheap.
    I have a couple that I use and landed a 44lb flatty with one of them and several twenty and thirty lb blues.
    Loop

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Steve Bro. :roll_eyes:I would have to disagree with the colored section above;you need to look at customs alot closer than you do. I have some saltwater 2pc graphite blanks that cost 180. not that I recommend it, But I know they hold 60#+. and since you have a high end blank. Certainly I ain't gonna slap junk components on it , so you can add another 80. for guides, + 60. cork handles, +40. reel seat, +45.thread,butt cap,winding check, + 15.miscellaneous stuff.

With all that I would have 420. in components, then you would add 125.-150 labor +20hr for all custom marbleing. decorative butt wraps etc...average +2hrs=40. and or 25-45. a inch for weaves..

That rod would run at 610. : and when it comes to Custom 2pc rods, they are a higher priced item. Lot more work to them.:wink:

That makes the 300 dollar st croix look real good..

Like Jack said. a great affordable rod would be a ugly stick big water, for around 80 bucks. Big Game rod not bad either.:cool2:

11. KansasKatCatcher

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Thanks for the help guys.I already have the big game.Only problem I have with it is it can't handle the current that good.I'm going to get both the Big Water and the Berkley Glow Rod.

It will be a while before i can afford to get one of those custom rods.

12. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Mike,

If you are interested, I have a couple of Ugly Stik Tiger 2 Piece 7' Mediums that I would let go for $60 for the pair. Being that you are local, you could look them over before you decide. They may not be as stiff as what you are looking for, another option you could consider is a Cabelas Whuppin Stick Saltwater 7' 2 piece, which is considerably stiffer than the 2 piece Tiger Rod. It runs about $60.

13. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Ugly Stik Tigers would be my suggestion. Great rod only thing I don't care for is the fact they are little short @ 7'.

14. KansasKatCatcher

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Thanks for the offer Gary.I already placed my order for the other rods.My cousin might be interested in them.Let me get back to you on that.

15. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Mike, I should have mentioned that these are casting rods, I'm not sure what style of reels you guys are using.

16. KansasKatCatcher

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Daggit!!! All we have are Spinning reels. I will see if i can get them gone for you. Check my Album out when you get a chance.