LOOKING FOR STURDY JON BOAT WITH PLENTY OF ROOM

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by lazer20, Sep 16, 2009.

1. lazer20

lazer20 New Member

State:
    WV
    Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a good place to buy a large jon boat at a good price. And that handles well and holds alot of gear.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Three words. Craigslist, Craigslist, Craigslist!

Bill in SC

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
  4. hardydk1

hardydk1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Bill beat me to it.

Look in craigslist under "boats". There have been a lot of jon boats posted lately. I have seen simple ones as cheap as $150 on there. Good luck.

5. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    mike...ak mccallum is the worlds largest jon boat dealer....and he wont be undersold.........im for sure they have a website.........there phone number is 910-483-6804.........not a pushy dealer and theyre top notch service and satisfaction!,,,,,the carry seaark and lowe...........my 2070 vdc roughneck came from there....no one came within 3000 bucks of his price out the door!:eek:oooh:

6. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    AK Mccallum, I bought a Roughneck 1756sc, it is smaller tha Kevin but fishes 2 people great 3 people ok, lots of room for gear and landing fish. They had the best price and will give you first class service. Buy a boat bigger than you think you need, you will need it, wish I had bought a 19 or 20 footer.

7. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    have to agree with daniel......buy the biggest you can get for the money............might seem large now....but in a few months to a year....youll be glad you did....my 2070 seems small at times......