Looking for something different

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Skeeter Girl, May 3, 2007.

1. Skeeter Girl

Skeeter Girl New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have used Hoss's Hog Bait. What are some other different store bought dipbaits out there? Also, does anyone have a good homemade dipbait recipe that I could try? Thank you ( I'm new to this site-it's really a cool site-Thanks!):0a31:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Mo. skeetergirl. Check the library at top of page for homemade baits.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Welcome Deborah. Not just to be tooting the sponsors, but Magic Bait also has some good mixtures. The library referenced above can be found at this link...

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38576

This will take you to the table of contents and I think the bait sections starts with the ninth or tenth subject. At any rate, if your new to catfishing, just start at the top and read everything in the library. Then you will know as much, if not more, than most of the people on the forum.

Keep your lines wet and a big bend in your pole. It don't matter if its a pounder or a hundred pounder, fun is fun.

4. kykatattack

kykatattack New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i take 1 lb hamburger 1 package strawberry jello mix and wheaties has to be wheaties mix all together in big zip lock baggie then i make balls out of the mix put trebble hooks in them and i put them in egg cartons then freeze them i use a big snap swivel then all i have to do is snap them on caught alot of big channels on this mix 21 lbs biggest

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a17: :0a25: :happy: :happy: Deborah Welcome to the BOC. Always glad to see another from Illinois, join the BOC.Catfish Connection in Pana, Il. has several types of dip baits listed. I like Wicked Stickey, and Catfish Charlies in Shad/Cheese.The bait you have been useing is a good bait also. I have a friend that orders it by the 5-gal bucket.:lol: :smile2: