looking for someone to fish with

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, Mar 18, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looking for someone wanting to go catting with me. I generally shore fish...just from lack of boat. But i love fishing and it is still too cold for my buddies...not for me tho and i dislike going alone...even tho i do. I generally fish knox lake...which is in knox county ohio but hell ill switch lakes...dont wanna drive a real long way tho...let me know...thanks!

David

2. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i will be getting out here soon hopefully in the next few weeks, hope fully get the pontoon in the lake and ready to go ill pm you when im ready, or pm me if you wanna go sometime, if its not too cold im about game for anything lol

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC David. I fish Dillon and the Muskingum River. Anytime you want to come up, you're more than welcome. Be glad to soak a line with ya...

4. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    David, be glad to wet a line with ya... I'm right where you're at...

PM me whenever you're ready!

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC David!!

6. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    hi David welcometo the BOC, i live w/in 2 mi of smokey also we do alot of fishing at knox also since hes on the lake but feel free to pm me also if like the phone # shoot us both so were more than welcome for you to go w/him or i or both :smile2:

7. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Welcome to the BOC David.

8. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC.................olj

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the site David...rollo

10. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    Welcome David, I snuck down to Knox Lake last April, and my buddy and I slammed the channel cats. I would love to go back. I'll let you know when Ill b heading that way. My buddy milks cows in Fredericktown and I need to visit him anyways. I will be lobbying for Knox to be on the NEOCATS 2010 schedule, what do you local boys think of that???
    Also was wondering if Kokosing Lake was worth me driving to?

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    welcome to the boc david

12. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    David, hurry and get your ten posts in so I can PM ya... got your message, you're right up the road from me... maybe we can hit Knox in the next week or two...

jmjackson, don't know if Kokosing would be worth the trip by itself - haven't heard a lot out of there, but I've not fished it that much to be any sort of expert on it...

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the site boys. You picked a good lake to learn on. Knox lake is known as a catfish nursery, No not for the fish, for the anglers! lol That's where we send all the wannabes. If you put your time up there to good use maybe just maybe you will graduate to the big Flathead waters in as few as three years to fish with us pros! lol :crazy::eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Seriously guys as long as we are on Knox lake, I left my landing net up on Knox Lake road by the culvert last year. I have an extension that fits that hole in the handle perfectly. If you heard of anyone finding a net, Please, I would like to have it back. It has great sentimental value.:big_smile:

14. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Three years, Jack??? Crap.

Is there any extra credit for flatheading in the Kokosing?

15. tacraft61

tacraft61 New Member

State:
    Powell, Ohio, U
    i live in grove city but a good friend and i travel all over to fish let me know in advance so we can kill some bait

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jerry, a ten pounder from the Kokosing will get you moved up from the farm for a try out! :wink:

17. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    there are flatheads in the kokosing? or r u guys just joshing me? Where at?

18. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've caught Flatheads outta Kokosing.They weren't very big at all.Maybe 2-3 lbs at the biggest.Caught em over towards Kenyon

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No joking, I have seen thirty pounders come out of there. I released a twenty pounder behind Riverside Park a few years back. The have been caught in Knox Lake too! For real.:wink:

20. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now Jack, don't be that way...

I heard of a guy who knew a guy who heard of a guy that knew of another guy who caught a 300 pound flathead out of Knox Lake with a Barbie combo and on a hot dog... :roll_eyes: