Looking for someone in my area....

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by glenc, Aug 10, 2006.

1. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    to help this fat boy out with his first boat. First I need some help getting my lights working on the boat. Second I need someone who would be willing to show me how to locate and catch some fish out of a boat. Have never really owned a fishing boat so I haven't a clue how to use a boat for fishing.

Any help/suggestions is greatley appreciated

Glen

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Sounds like a job for the TDawg. Just don't let him tell you to reboot

3. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    hahah....if I were dealing with a computer I would be ok. Its this hard to understand fishing/boat stuff.....lol I think T-Dawg is in Tulsa, Ok. I am in Eufaula, Ok. I know we got some members round here I have seen a couple trucks with BOC stickers on them....lol

4. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Glen get your boat loaded with all you need for fishing. Cruise the river until you find a good sandbar. Beach boat and fish. No bites in about one hour , Move to a good log jam.
    Enjoy your boat.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Glenn, I'm in Guthrie so probably not much help. Are you trying to get your navigation lights to work or your trailer lights? Not much difference, either way. For navigation lights you need a 3 way switch - Off / On / On. The first "on" position is for your white, anchor light - run a power line from the switch to the light. Connect the ground line to a wire going preferably to the boat battery. The last "on" position is for the red/green light. Again, connect a power line to the switch and to the light. Also, a ground wire has to run from the light to the battery. My preference is to replace the existing wires. I like red for power (cause it can burn you lol) and black for ground, cause thats the way cars do it. Once these wires are hooked up, you need to run a fused power line from the positive terminal of the battery to the switch. When completed, off should not have any power. First "on" is anchor lights and 2nd "on" is running lights. Hope this helped.

6. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Yeah tryin to get my boat navigation lights working. I am wanting to put it in the water this weekend and put it in my boat slip. The dock has finally been covered so I can leave it there out of the weather. I bought a automatic bilge pump im gonna put in before I put it in the water.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Glen, I've rewired my boat, and my brother in laws boat. NOTHING to it.
    In fact, if you cut the wires a little long, and get someone who can "run" the wires for ya, you can stand outside the boat to do all the connections.

As far as where to fish on Eufalla, well, depends on where you are at.

8. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im gonna give everything a shot either tomorrow evening or sat morning.

As far as where I am on Eufaula. I am in the Longtown/Pixiewoods area. If ya know where that is....lol

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Glen,
    Hoot is on it. Try to think of the boat as a mobile shore fishing spot. Use the same criteria to pick your fishing spots as you would from the shore. The good thing is that you can up and move without having to pack up all your gear and you have unlimited access. As for the boat electrics, get yourself a how to manual. I can't remember the name but there there is a really good book about boat electrics and wiring available from decent bookstores or online...W

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If your gonna leave it in the water, you may want to make sure you have one of those automatic switches on the bilge pump that turns the unit on at a set water level. Nothing worse than walking down to the dock and see your boat laying on the bottom of the lake. Make sure the switch is good and your battery is up.

11. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nope, don't know where that area is. North end South end middle, east, west side???

12. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

yeah just got an auto pump today :)

13. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

middle south i guess...off hwy 9 west (south side) about 8 miles west of Eufaula

14. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Glen,

Find the Sandy Bass Bay area. It is a really good area, and straight out from there.