looking for some tips

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by big papa, Oct 21, 2007.

1. big papa

big papa New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i've always heard how good catfishing is in the late fall and winter time. can anyone share any tips on this. i catfish alot but this time of year (early fall) i usually put my cat rods until next year.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    In Ok, you can fish year round. May shiver just a little, but it's still fishing. Fish the deep holes.

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I usually start to put my stuff away also about this time of year also. We have been having above average weather so I am still fishing. Caught 3 channels this past Saturday in about an hours time. They where still biting but it was getting dark and i was out there by myself so I packed it up. The more casual anglers have already packed it up so I usually find myself out there by myself. Although this past Saturday a few people where still fishing. People usually say to use cut bait this time of the year. I caught all three of mine on cut shrimp...(lol)....

4. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    this is the time of year where i start getting really excited about fishing the lake , start getting my cold weather stuff ready

5. big papa

big papa New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    are the shad schooled up-in the winter or is it hunt for bait in the winter months. my brother in law lives out on the monkey island and tells me about where to go out there this winter but couldnt give me any tips onfinding the shad

6. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well it definatley makes it a little tougher, i use a lot larger net in deeper water, work more area's good thing my deep freeze is stocked of shad this year, im kinda lucky livin on the lake all i have to do is look out my window and see which points the wind is blowing or see where the birds are if in my sight, instead of running all over the lake

7. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

How deep is deep?