looking for some new places to fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by westvirginiacatfish, Jan 9, 2009.

1. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I live in southeastern west virginia, Greenbrier county. Just looking for some good places to catfish. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the boc ! I lived in Clarksburg growing up so I didn't fish down that way . Some suggestions of waters to try elsewhere are the Kanaha river ,Stonecoal ,Stonewall Jackson ,Monongehelia and West Fork river just some thoughts . Some one will give you some sugestions in a few .

3. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    thank you Lance for the info. I will have to try some of those places out soon.....if my wife will let (LOL)

4. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    All the suggestions above are great places, but you should have told us a little bit about where you have been fishing and why you wish to change. Just something new, or is your old spot getting played out, not a good place for children ?
    Being a bit more specific about how you like to fish and maybe what you like to fish for could bring some excellant specific suggestions rather than just "lake so-and-so".
    For myself, I'm just learning to fish from my boat and don't go too far from home because of gas prices and such. And when asked "what I fish for"........I fish "for a while" don't really care what bites, just so something does. If I wanted to have a "specialty", I would'a been a doctor. :big_smile: