looking for some good spots off the bank around columbus ga

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishassasin, Nov 3, 2009.

1. catfishassasin

catfishassasin New Member

State:
    FTBEENING
    hey brothers dont have a boat so im looking for some good spots off the bank
    if any come to mind let me know

2. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey timothy welcome to the BOC! I'm from southwest ga and will be fishing the hilljack tourney on the seventh. if my wife dont go would you like to join me? i'll be glad to teach you what i know and you will be able to meet the rest of the crew. Dont be shy just ask any question you can think of. who knows maybe it hadnt been asked yet. if i dont know there are some great fishermen gonna be there that can surely answer you. just dont believe everthing you here:wink::smile2:

3. catfishassasin

State:
    FTBEENING
    that sounds great just let me know i have a couple of poles prob.. not the right setup for catching big fish but would love to be there just to learn some good tips

4. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Try fishing around Pet cemetery or rotary park you can also fish the Alabama side of the river. Up at the dam is a good place to fish from the bank.

5. catfishassasin

State:
    FTBEENING
    has anyone fished along the riverwalk or along the damn lately if so let me know how it went

6. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I have not been fishing up that way in a wile due to the tournament being held at Uchee Creek but I have been fishing here all my life and if you go to the dam you will do best with cut shad or skipjack and if you can't find any use liver. On the GA. side there is a set of steps you can fish from the first set is the best. On the Al. side you can fish along the mouth of Holland creek down to dillingham bridge. Under the bridge there is a sand bar you can fish from cast towards the middle of the two columns there is a hole there.