Looking for some bros to show me the ropes at the river

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by drews0311, Jun 7, 2007.

1. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    so here goes

i grew up in iowa but now live here in south orange county. back home we would fish the raccoon river for the big flatheads using bull heads for bait as well as bluegills. i miss that so much.

i also have a few brothers from the boc that live close to me. i always tell them that if we want to get into some of the big cats we need to fish a river. the only problem is that if we just drive out there with no plan our trip will probaly suck. would anyone be interested in showing the three of us around if we showed up out there with some polls and camping gear?

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    which river are you reffering to?

3. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    which ever river someone whats to show us around. preferably closer to san clemente the better

4. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

I'll be heading down to the colorado river in a bit, I'll let you know when Im going, your more than welcome to join me.

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    joe for flats on the a river ya need to hit up the colorado river, myself i fish the river near Blythe , be a 250+ or - mile trip for ya . there some places on the part of the river we fish that u can fish from shore if ya havn't got a boat. ya can also hit up the canals around there and bluehunter is starting to get them figerd out. We wil for sure do what we can for you , I'm down there most every other weekend so there would b a good chance we can hook up some time let me know, brian (bluehunter) has been on the canal as of late so he help ya more on that.

6. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    thanks to both of you guys

i need to talk to my buddy and see when he wants to head out. we made the 150 mile trip to the kern river on memorial day so whats another 100 miles. i will keep you guys posted.

thanks again joe