Looking for skipjack!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Kat-addict, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hi everyone ! My name is Randy and I am from southern Ohio. I am having trouble getting on skipjack this year and wondered if anyone in your area sells them or if it is possible to catch them down there this time of year. I use shad through the summer time and most of the fall , but will need some skips when the water nears 50 in november. Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks,Randy.

2. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    No one that i know of sells them. But we can catch alot of them here on lake guntersville

3. Chestdeep

Chestdeep New Member

State:
    Jackson County Alabama
    I went last Thursday night to the back road going into Bellefonte Nuclear Plant and tore them up on a white roostertail. The water wasn't moving to fast so I was surprised we caught any,,wish we had found some cats later that night though,,LOL.

4. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    RICK, Have you ever fished by the old boat ramp there? or were you by the power lines?

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Sorry, but I can't help with you on skipjack in your area, Randy. But IMO, it's definitely worth the money to buy a small freezer just so you can stock up on them when you do get into them.

6. Chestdeep

Chestdeep New Member

State:
    Jackson County Alabama
    If you go in the back entrance it was at the cosway you cross going in,,yeah Ive fished all over town creek,,when I was 16 I got a good yelling at for catching grass carp in the ponds they dug going into the plant,,LOL,,I never thought anything about it and the plant had been shut down for a few years,,we used to catch 25-30 pounders in there on dough balls all night long. I aint had to much luck in there for cats but I have landed some big ones on the sandbarge at the end of the road there.