Looking for sauger report on TN river

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Zing, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Is any one fishing for sauger on the Tn river. Are you catching anything ?

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    They are not hitting here around Chattanooga very well right now. All this bad weather must have locked their jaws. Hopefully they will fire up soon.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    A week ago Saturday the sauger Tournament there was a lot of boats that did not catch a fish. And 12 lbs won it.
    They have lock jaw.
    But we need to get out and give them a try. That or go crappie fishing. Marilyn and I caught 25 in about an hour Saturday in the light wind that day. LOL
    Also the big blues are bitting, And there catching skipjack at the dam.
    Pete

4. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Any time your ready pete :smile2: I hope ya'll made out ok from the storms last week. Take care

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The storms did not hit us. but got a few trees on HWY 224. And lots of stuff south of us.
    If the Twister had moved a degree or so. It could have hit us or Roger. but moved North east.
    Pete

6. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    The Sauger was starting to hit here in east tenn on the tenn river at the forks here in knoxville but they slowed down to nothing we caught a limit the first time out in jan then we got some heavy rains they moved up river the females was full of eggs so they are ready to move up on the beds in the shoals hope to get on them again Ricky

7. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ricky thanks for the report. I sure would love to catch a mess of them.

Pete glad to hear you and Roger made out OK. I called him after it passed over us, on its way toward morris chapel. We took a lot of hail damage but nothing compared to the folk across the river. Had to work Sat. but plan on making the boat show sunday afternoon. take care.