Looking For Rod Holders For Boat

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by fishinpals, Jul 10, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Have a 1" round lip around edge of boat and need to fabricate some rod holders to hold poles while fishing. Something with a clamp so they can be moved. Any ideas??

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    check the BOC libary for ideas on rod holders ...got a few in there

3. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    For catfish or any other kind of big game fishing, I would not use anything other than a Downeast Salty S-10 for a clamp-on holder. Permanent mounts are another matter. If you are going for big flats or blues, you might want to check them out: http://www.down-east.com/clamp-on.htm.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

walmart has some cheap clamp on rod holders and BPS also has some that are a better quailty. The library has several ideas on removeable rod holders also.

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Good Afternoon, I Use The Quick Draw Holders From Cabela's, They Are Quiet & Easy On The Rods As Well As The Boat.

They Have Several Different Base Mounts Available, Depending On Your Needs. My Buddy Bought 2 Bases, Lke The Ones You Need & He Just Borrows My Pole Holders When He Needs Them And "Plugs" Them Into His Bases, HTH, Elliot

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Have you ever looked at the Bee Ready rod holders? Very simple rod holders, and they work like a champ!! I just put 6 of 'em on my boat, and I'm gonna buy 4 more. They have like 50 different configurations for you to pick from, and they're pretty darn reasonable. Mine were $8.50 each. A fella in Skiatook Oklahoma makes 'em, and he seems like a really terrific guy. You can check 'em out on the web at www.beereadyllc.com

P.S. I know they look like you could pull your rod out, but I'd challenge you to try it. I haven't seen it happen yet.

7. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Thanks for all the info

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    If you go with the BeeReady's, Order them up from Tim Hagan here. He is a sponsor and gives BOC members a discount...