Looking For Property In Tennessee

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by pythonjohn, May 29, 2007.

1. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    My wife and I have been looking for some property in Eastern Tennessee near or in the mountains.
    We dont want a lot of property maybe a peice we could put a motorhome on when we are up that way.
    We like the Tellico plains area a lot.
    We would also consider the Tennessee N.C. Border around the mountian area.(doesen't have to be in the mountains)just near.
    We might be interested in an old home place if it isn't too big (Fixer Upper).
    If anybody out there knows of anything or anybody that has anything like that for sale please let me know.
    Thanks

2. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Might want to try the internet for that location, alot of individuals are listing their own property. You probably already know this , but just a suggestion.Living near the mountains would be realy enjoyable.

3. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
  4. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Jon,
    Thanks for the help.
    I will try those sites.
    John

5. jcara3043

jcara3043 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey John,
    Sorry late in responding. But www.spotlightrealty.com is one of the main realtors in the Dover and Land Between the Lakes area. They sell all kinds of property there.
    I saw one in the Leatherwood resort subdivision they are south on 232 off of 79. Right before you hit the Paris Landing Bridge.....If you are coming from Clarksville it will be on your left.......
    Watch the hill as you come down.....you will be able to see the lake and bridge before you make the left........
    Hope this helps....

6. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Thanks Jesse,
    I will check them out.
    We are still looking

7. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    You could also look at United Country Realty. They have an office in most counties from what I have found

8. Wade Patton

Wade Patton New Member

State:
    Woodbury, TN
    Nothing wrong with research from afar--but there ain't nothing like spending some time in the area. I'd try to narrow it down to a few counties and then go camping nearby and check out the local folks--and traffic patterns. Don't eat at Cracker Barrel and read the USA Today--like most travellers. Hit JoeBob's Greasy Spoon and get the Sticks and Hollers Times. Get a haircut on a Saturday morning, go to the feed store, hound the farmers at the produce market. You might find a honeyhole or a dry run, but you'll hear some interesting stuff.

Some places look okay during the week only to be clusterfried on the weekend--OR the other way around.

I'd also look at the TWRA (TN Wildlife Resources Agency) sites and publications concerning fish advisories. CPR is the only fishing I'd be doing in contaminated waters. And East TN has a bunch of that.

Back to land--I paid about double for my spot in the woods because I found it AFTER it had been listed. But then again a GOOD realtor works for the commission.

That's how I'd do it.

Good luck.

BTW, I'm in eastern Middle. Not close enough to help out directly.

9. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    We're still looking!

10. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Good luck with that! Have any of the sites we gave you been productive? I've noticed that real estate has taken a huge hike in TN in the last 2-3 years. I've given up on the idea of even "looking" for land at this point :roll_eyes:

11. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    No luck with the sites.
    I have seen some property in the area that I want but just can't seem to take the plunge.
    The property that I have looked at may be a little high but its just like all the rest when it dosen't sell they will have to lower the price.
    Where you lookin to buy?

12. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    So what do you have offers on the table waiting for them to come down or something? I was basically looking for land anywhere within an hour or two of here for going hunting and stuff. I'd just hang on to it as a place to recreate and give it to my kids some day. Anything over 10 acres or so has probably doubled in the last few years though :sad2:

13. cottonmouth

cottonmouth New Member

State:
    southeast tn
    I know where some is in the area you're looking for. but it will cost you a fishing trip if you buy it . That used to be some of the best deer woods around.

14. cottonmouth

cottonmouth New Member

State:
    southeast tn
    Sorry bout that, when I said it would cost you a fishing trip I meant your boat or mine. I'll get the phone number and details in the morning and let you know.

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    2 or 3 years ago we were going to Tellico for a few days. And came in from the south. Well there was a lot of places in this section for sale. And not as bad of price as around Tellico. AS around Tellico they think the ground is gold. LOL
    It was off of 411 and east of it. And south of Tellico. I will try to get my GPS out and look up where it was. but the land there was about 1/3 of what it was around Tellico. As we even talked about buying a spot to just sit up camp and have a pad and stuff for the camper around there.

Pete

PS Just looked on Google Earth and it was Hwy 39 toward Tellico. I know that still leaves a lot of ground to cover. But its a start.
    We also Love that part of the state. Live in West Tn. but have stayed in a cabin up on the mountain a few times. And have plans to haul the truck camper up the tellico river road and camp on the river some day.

16. pythonjohn

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Pete,
    Thanks for the information
    I think we too have been that way and it seems,now that you mention it, there was quite a few for sale signs out.
    I will check it out.
    Again thanks for the tip.