Looking for places for catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Soonerfan, May 18, 2009.

1. Soonerfan

Soonerfan Member

State:
    Guthrie Ok
    I will be in vactioning in Memphis and in Nashville the last week in May. Looking for places to fish. Any ideas? Also looking for good places to camp and fish. Thanks for your input.

2. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Shawn
    I cant help you with Memphis or nashville but around Clarksville the Piney camp ground is really nice and its rite on the ky lake then there is a camp ground at Cheatam Dam another good place to fish and camp.
    sorry I cant help with with others but hope this helps

3. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    hahahahah memphis tn is big cat country .just pull up a seat in the mighty miss river and hold on .

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Shawn,
    Tennessee is full of great places to fish and camp.
    Pickwick is a great place to fish and has one of the nicest campgrounds going. Pickwick is between Menphis and Nashville on hwy 128.ShiloRed one of our sponcers, has been more then happy to help visiting members telling them where to go. LOL
    Really hes a good man with a good sence for fish.Good luck and have a good time. I hope it warms up for you.
    smokey

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Smokey.....So that's it. I need to be from another state before Pete will tell me where he keeps them big fish. He is my friend and he knows how bad I need to catch the great fish but does he tell me, noooooooooooo. What will we do with him Smokey ??? Pete Pete Pete.

Danny

6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont know about you but I will eat his peppers, and get some of them sharp hooks he sells. We are both old enough to know that you "dont poke the bear" LOL
    smokey

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You know I was just kidding. Man oh man, I would love a big plate of them peppers, I haven't had any for over a year. No bear poking. LOL.

Danny

8. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Dont feel bad Danny,
    I am going to build Pete a custom rod and drive 5hrs one way just to get on the same boat with Pete,,:wink: and im not even sure he knows how to catch fish...:confused2:
    Puddle

9. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    puddle everyone know if you want to catch fish talk to Marilyn if you want to talk about catching fish talk to Pete. Geez you guys ought to know that by now. Pete is a talker Marilyn is the player. She only keeps him aroud so she don't have to drive the boat and can concentrate on fishing.:smile2:

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like Pete is so busy we can't even make fun of him. He must be explaining where to catch fish to someone, or driving the boat for Marilyn.

Danny