looking for partner

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by catfish_express, Jun 8, 2008.

1. catfish_express

catfish_express New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i am looking for a true catfisherman for a partner, maybe to join tournements, or just fish whenever ,must be able to pay own way and split gas and bait. I am 35 years old 25 year catfisherman ,i like to go after the big ones not much for just riding around catching little fish .I am a true catman i take it very seriously and will go any time day or nite rain, hurricaine, snow i dont care. I live in florence,south carolina send me a message

2. dumpyloser

dumpyloser New Member

State:
    South/North Carolina
    you'll find some guys on here in your area I'm sure. I WANT to catch the big cats too, but around gaffney its slim pickins. you definitely need somebody to split gas with you lol.... unless your one heck of a wealthy person.:smile2:

tight lines :cool2:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    May I suggest that you join the peedeecatmasters catfishing club, based out of Pamplico? I assure you that there are not any more die hard catfishermen around, and it is a GREAT group of people. You might could hook up with a catfishing partner real close by.
    http://peedeecatmasters.com/
    My current partner has FORGOTTEN to bring my "go to" bait the last two weekends for the last two tournaments, so he is treading on thin ice! :) I fish all of your above mentioned conditions except the hurricanes. That's when we usually have our outdoor ping pong tournaments. :eek:oooh:
    Bill in Bennettsville

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    BTW: WELCOME to the BOC!
    BB in SC

5. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think its time for us to take the gas and sell it back to em..........I wonder how well my wifes VW would pull my pontoon boat ?????

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC!!!:big_smile:

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Russ welcome to the BOC. You should come check us out at the at the Pee Dee Catmasters our next metting is on july 8th in florence. Where do you normally fish and are you willing to travel and fish. This is starting to sound like a singles add.LOL:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. peglegreb

peglegreb New Member

State:
    s.c.
    OH by the way welcome to the BOC.

9. peglegreb

peglegreb New Member

State:
    s.c.
    im ready now.you mite like the peedeecatmasteres

10. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC. I sure wished you lived in N.C. Thats the same thing I been looking for in a partner. I finally have given up an fish by myself 99% of the time. I know I can rely on me. Some people just don't understand!!!!!

11. catfish_express

State:
    south carolina
    looking for a fishing partner to majnly catfish , i fish big pee dee sometimes but mostly santee canal. my regular partner cant get his stuff together so gotta find someone who can afford to go and not whine and cry about every thing. i have 2 boats to fish out of and mainly fish 4 big fish only like with a 1 1/2 pound bream type big. i fish at night mostly and dont leave just cause of a little rain or a hurricaine for tht matter i love to fish a thunder storm. i allow some beer but no drunks i smoke a little but no drug addicts either. just lookin for a good ol redneck tht likes to fish . must have knowledge of catfishing and boating and have own equipment. if interested let me know

12. peglegreb

peglegreb New Member

State:
    s.c.
    RUSS, it sounds like we need to get together do some fishing.
    David in bennettsville.:cool2:

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Russ I fish quite a bit some Pee Dee but mostly santee but am not interested in fishing the canal I like to fish the big water for big cats. I would be interested in a tournament partner that would be willing to travel to some other lakes in SC and NC. I like fishing new places and have been known to catch a few BIG fish.:wink: I fish mainly during the week and save my weekends for tournaments and my wife in that order.LOL I only have 1 boat and catfish is all it knows except for bream for bait. Maybe we can hook up someday.

14. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    James just wait until I see you and your wife together. I am going to ask her how she rates in prioties:wink:

Jim

15. catfish_express

State:
    south carolina
    david that would sound good to me i am probly going fri or sat would really be interested in hooking up and going some where different i havent been doin to well in my usuall spots . i may be wrong but i beleive we already met . do you have a camoflouge pontoon boat? i could be wrong though . :confused2:

16. catfish_express

State:
    south carolina
    that would sound fine with me rivercat i am kinda restricted to the canal with my boat usually . a seventeen foot bass tracker is not somethin to get cought out there in the wind and ussually its windy. i got a fiberglass bass boat that is under construction from bass boat to cat boat though then ill be goin places.but yea we need to get together though i may be fishing santee this week end not sure yet though the river dont look to bad either i like it kinda low but not to low. i really want to go fish the dead forest with live bream . i like to use the absolute largest i can catch. have caught many large fish on them including a 85 and one that i would not be scared to say around 100 lbs . he pulled a cat stick off the back of my boat into a u then under the boat and let it go before i could react<dont go to sleep there waiting for that>. but that was by far my largest im sure . and yea it brought tears and was the last large bream. my only problem going during the week is run my own bussiness and sometimes im really busy and others im not so sometimes during the week . but u can bet you wouldnt have to twist my arm to much

17. catfish_express

State:
    south carolina
    where is that meeting at let me know and ill probly be there. does kinda sound like a singles add though

18. catfish_express

State:
    south carolina
    how can we get together im some times busy on friday afternoon but can get away but deffinately saturday.

19. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    WHAT?????????? A fishing buddy that will help with the expenses !!!!! Been looking for one of them for years.......Most of mine usually wait till we are down at the fish camp or the bait shed and ask if they have a ATM machine or I get the old Ill have to catch you later ......... I seriously doubt that installing a ATM machine is on any future upgrade plans for Canal Lakes or Neds shad shack...
    :smile2:

20. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Russ the metting will be on July 8th at the Shoneys on 52 and I95 you can go to the Partners in Catfishing section under Pee Dee Catmasters to learn more.

Ken I know excatlly what you are talking about. I have plenty of buddies that are ready to go fishing on the drop of a hat but everyone will catch you later.HAHAHHAHAH:smile2: