Looking for part

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by tbull, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am trying to help my father in law here, I guess its called a fast idle button? Maybe that is not the correct terminology. Basically on the controls its the button you push in to throttle the motor without putting it in gear. When we opened up his controls that thing was trashed. I need to know what the part is called so I know what to look for. The controls go to an 82 Mercury Black Max 150. Thanks guys

2. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    SHIFTER DISSENGAGER:wink:

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Travis get me the name off of the side of the control box most likely I have an exploded view of the unit and we will see if we can locate one.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks guys, actually lucked out and found the part at a local shop today. They had it labeled as a "throttle shaft Assy". Guess everyone calls it something different, even the parts guy did. Anyway for future reference for others try searching that phrase instead.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I was going to say I have the whole box. And lots of parts for a 87 Mariner.
    But glad you found the part.
    Pete

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's funny - I needed the little plastic handle you need to lift to put the boat in gear and I looked it up in the parts manual and asked the guy at the dealer for it by the name in the manual. He looked at me funny and said "A what??" And I said "You know, the little plastic handle you lift up on so you can shift?" And kind of laughed and said "Why didn't you just say that?":smile2: