Looking for info

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by Whiskerwhacker, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Hey, I am going to be in North Platte the week before Labor Day weekend. I will have gear but no boat. Can anyone put us on some cats within an hour or so of NP? We have fished Sutherland Res., Maloney, and a couple of Interstate Lakes before. We have caught small to medium channels. I am hoping to get in to some good flatheads and have heard they are around, but usually don't have a ton of time to research and scout etc. Any info you have to narrow the search would be appreciated. If anyone wants to get together and hit it with us that would be great too. I practice CPR over 5#. You can PM me if you don't want your info public.

Thanks

2. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i live on the opposite side of the state, but lake maconahay, the platte river also.

3. waleygator

waleygator New Member

State:
    Weeping Water, NE
    If it's "action" you're wanting and not huge fish, try the warm water inlet at Sutherland where it comes out of the plant, down the spillway and into the small pond. We love to stand on the walkway and throw into the rolling water. Bring plenty of tackle, tons of rocks and snags, but always garunteed action. My best bait has always been some type of dip bait...:smile2:

4. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i also live at the oppostie end of the state, but try the platte river. its hit and miss, but if its on, your in it. just find the deepest holes possible, which is a good hunt sometimes on the platte!

5. waleygator

waleygator New Member

State:
    Weeping Water, NE
    I was through there about a month ago and at least this year the Platte has water in it! The canal system running under the interstate bridge there also offers some good fishing for smallies and cats, wipers caught too!