looking for info

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Skunk Master, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'm trying to find a campsite in southern Louisiana to put my camper on .. I want to move down there, I drive over the road and am only home on weekends and want the warmer weather to be able to fish year round.. Any info would be appreciated..

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Getter set up and squared away Unc. I may wanna come down and catch an alligator or sumptin. Good luck on findin a nice spot.

3. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You need to get in touch with wildwillie. He has lived down there in a couple of spots.

4. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    haha, how south do you want to go? haha not trying to scare you out of it but too far and you'll be in for gnats, deer flies, mosquitos and 60% humidity...just how I like it, haha! by the way, today's heat index was 105, I would come here maybe in the fall or the winter! Get the on right water and the saltwater fishing is great year round... so its your call, haha.

oh how could I forget, hurricanes, so pick your location wisely!

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I'm used to the humidity and heat.. I am originally from Baytown texas.. Don't want to move back to that area.. Looking for a new place to call home that won't cost me an arm and a leg.. Most places that I've looked into want as much for a campsite as the apartments are going for in the area.. Like to keep it under 300 a month especially since I'm not home that much and when I am I'm fishing.. hehehe

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I just hope ya can find a place where ya don't get stole blind, the women buy the drinks and catch crawfish n fish. lil table dancin thrown in make a guy feel at home too.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. scrantny

scrantny New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    most places down here you can find close to water that will allow a camper or "travel trailer" are going to be camp ground style lots unless you find you a piece of property... most of the areas around the water dont have much for zoning or building restrictions so you can purchase an acre and get it setup for a camper pretty cheap.

check out livingston parish around french settlement, head of island, maurepas, white hall, port vincent...all these areas have water very close and or possibly on your front porch if you get a river lot....

i would check areas around lake maurepas, amite river, blind river...
    but those are just this little area about an area from baton rouge.

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I found a spot down in Broussard.. If nothing else it will get me down there where I can check out places.. Its hard to do from 500 miles away.

9. Dog-dog

Dog-dog New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hay man, Broussard is Cool. Very close to lafayette. Cajun cooking around every corner. Boudin and crackings so so GOOD.

I was on the levee in Bute larose Sunday and saw a place for sale. I know their are a few more. Maybee you can find a lot on the banks of The Atchafala River. Plenty of cats their to be had. I plan on going this weekend to fish i will see what i can find and post it here.

Dog