Looking for info on Channelton?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by rivertoon, May 2, 2009.

1. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am planning a trip to Channelton and was wanting info on the water level, temp., how many gates are open and if any action in the area lately. I have not had time to fish since Oct. but I have tried the boat out and I think I will get to dround some bait in the next week or so.

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    water is at 15.5 feet and predited to climb to 22 feet by Wensday. I am going to post a link to take you straight to the water levels just add it to your fav list and you will never have to ask water levels behind any dam in KY again. but the link is for Cannelton but you will see to the left were you can change to other areas.
    and about the gates they are all open (but) they were closing the first three on the KY side around 9 C.T. due to the guys from the construction site were running a john boat getting a ultra sound imaging of the river floor on that side. I'd say if they are done with that and with the rian we have been getting they will all be and stay open. flats are good in there right now.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lmk&gage=cnni3&view=1,1,1,1,1,1

3. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    we are having a tournament on the 17th at hawesville. we fish the dam alot. anyone want to make the tourny just hit me up and i will give ya the info.

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    carp are in there super thick right now and a worker from the hydro project said they are looking at this Thursday or friday to block off public access. so no more fishing from bank after that it will all be by boat. and I dont know how good that will be because of how much the construction will effect the water. I hate to see it but it looks like a great fishing hole is soon gone for a few years. that man said they were there on an 18 month deadline if everything went well and they are only there to get it ready for the plant . he said they will start with construction of a temp dam from the first gate that will go out and over to the sand bar to hold the water out while they begin to clear out around the dam for adding of plant foundation.

5. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Thanks for the update leroy,The kicker to the whole thing is I heard the electric thats gonna be generated isnt going to be used locally its going up north!:confused2:I dont know that for a fact but if its true its adding salt to the wound!!:angry:Billy