Looking for Info around Bowling Green

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by jkm4874ford, Jan 16, 2009.

1. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    I am new to this web sight and live in the Bowling Green area. I am looking for information for Barren and Green river in the area. I know all the places to put a boat in but wonder where the best places are. Thanks in advance.

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Kieth
    Welcome to the BOC
    I'm from the eastern part of the state and don't know anything about that area. They are guys out that way that will probably chime in and help you out though.

3. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Can't believe there aren't any locals on here to help a guy out.

4. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You need to come on down to Owensboro on the good ole Ohio if your after the Almighty Cat.Dont know much about Barren River wish I could help.:sad2:

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Don't know the area either but have read good reports about both ! Flats and channels . Have fished the mouth of green river lake and caught decent cats 3-5 lbs. Been there a couple times how do you fish rod,jugs,trot ?

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Since you live around Bowling Green that would be up to Owensboro:smile2: alway fish with rod and reels try to drift fish as much as I can,some nice cats in this area.

7. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    We have been trying a few differnt places in the area. Barren River at Bowling Green and Greencastle. Also Green River at Lock 5. We have had very limited success with rod and a little better with the limb line. Love to run the limb lines. Thanks for the responces.:roll_eyes:

8. jugfisher

jugfisher Member

State:
    kentucky
    Name:
    Clint Howard
    I haven't fished that part of the green but in the spring you should be able to catch a lot nice channels in the log jams. i like to use dip bait for them. if you don't get any bites for 20 mins, ease up to the next log jam. also, if the river is flooded, i have found nice cats in the mouths of creeks and in the creeks as well. hope this helps you out.

9. Boondock

Boondock New Member

State:
    Harrods Creek, Kentucky
  10. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Love the looks of Shanty Hollow and fished a few times but never caught any thing there. That lake has had alot of ups and downs over the years. And yes they do stock the creek behind Lampkin Park, down the road from my father-in-laws, pass over it alot.