Looking for help

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by doughboy, Sep 29, 2006.

1. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    does anybody fish around Mattoon IL? I will be out that way working for a couple of weeks so i was just asking

2. bankpoleken

bankpoleken New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Illinois

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Thanks for the info bankpoleken i will have to check them out

4. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Judging on your avatar, you are a flathead man. Your best bet for flatheads are Lake Shelbyville and either the Embarras or Kaskaskia Rivers. Both of these rivers would be low now.

5. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Ken, the guy that does the Lake Mattoon report sure ate a lot of channels and crappie I caught this summer. I don't give him too much information on where or how I caught them though. Now that I see he puts up a report on the internet, I may tell him less.:big_smile: There are just a few good spots and they are hammered way too much as it is.
    The state had shocking boats out last week and did a survey. The catfish are way low and they may stock some this Fall. I did my best to try and talk them into stocking some blue catfish in the lake but I doubt if it will ever happen. There are very few flatheads in the lake, they didn't think there were any, but I know there are a very few in it.

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well I am getting ready to leave for Mattoon Il should arrive there around 8:00 pm, so if any brother wants to meet up and do some fishing or just have coffee sometime let me know my cell number is 740-227-3907