Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Looking for folks near me to Catfish with

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Kyljsn 
#1 ·
from the Radford area and live along the new river just below the Claytor Lake dam. most people I work with are bass anglers, but I'm interested in Catfishing, and looking to put a posse together.

#5 ·
I live in Craig and I'm always looking for excuses to go catfishing. I have heard a lot of hype about fishing below the dam on Little river but have never been. I used to fish several sections of New river in Giles county between Narrows and McCoy. I gave up fishing the New due to not catching fish (numbers or size)and continuous hang ups in the shallow water I was fishing. I am working on a boat and trailer to fish here locally on the New and upper James. Have a few things to do for it to be ready. Must locate a decent motor. If you are interested in finding a diehard cat fisherman I am always game to fish. Once I learned how and where to catch cats of any size everything else just became bait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.