Looking for Flathead catfishing partner on the PA rivers

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by blackburnian, Jun 10, 2007.

1. blackburnian

blackburnian New Member

State:
    PA
    I have Sunday and Monday evenings off from work and I am looking for someone to go Flatheading with on the lower Allegheny River or Ohio River. I can't seem to find company for night fishing on those nights. I live near Pittsburgh but will fish any dams on PA's portion of the rivers. If anyone is in the same boat, contact me.

Scott

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :smile2: Would be happy to become your partner ,if not for the 5 1/2 hour drive:crazy: across state from Philly. God Luck on your search though .:cool2: I also have alot of free time to fish,but nobody to fish with,exept my children.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Scott! Where you been? I'll hook up with you some Sunday night. I work shifts so it all depends on my work schedule but I would be happy to do some Flatheadhead fishing with you on the lower Allegheny!

4. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    in the same boat here in ky. looking for a partner to chase big flats with. went scouting today. Near lexington here. found a couple spots with ramps near in another week when the flats really bite will be nice.

5. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I fish the Ohio River alot, Where near pittsburgh are you from?

6. auctionman

auctionman New Member

State:
    pa
    I'm interested but don't have the required posts yet to send P.M. Will mark your post and reply ASAP. Have a 18ft. deep v Fisher with 75 hp Merc. and 75 lb. electric. Handles the Mon. real well.

7. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would love to but like philly catcher stated the 4 hour drive is a bummer:sad2:
    What parts do you fish philly cathcer havent seen you around we probably bumped into each other and never noticed.

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I fish all over on the DE. river behind UPS,on rte 291 near the airport,behind FED EX in south philly,near MLK drive on the skook,also Darby creek near 95. :crazy: But still have not caught that BIG flathead :angry: yet. Wheredo you usually fish? Maybe we can hook up.

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Im usually at Penn Treaty or along the Schuykill on Kelly Drive for the most part. I used to fish behind the closed off pier on Delaware Ave good spot. But my car was broken into 2 years back so I stopped going there. I have heard good things about the airport from other fisherman but not quite sure how to get there kinda of have an idea maybe you can pm me with some info.:wink: Caught some channels yesterday some other fisherman was having a field day pulling them in but he was on the rocks I guess he was casting in the right spot.

10. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Its fairly easy to get to the airport spots. Depending on where you live from 95 take the cargo city exit to get to 291,go west for the bigger lake,or go east for the smaller one. Not too many big catfish,but there is nice size large mouth & carp. Plus if you want flathead bait there is tons of blugillls.:eek:oooh: I will hit you with a PM and we can hook up sometime.