Looking for Flathead Catfish areas

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Foreverdark, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am looking for some areas in or around Poweshiek county with any good flathead fishin. Or maybe even the surounding counties if need be. I cant drive to far and i cant rely on anyone to come get me, take me and bring me back. So I am looking for some areas around here.. :D

2. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    what rivers do you have in your area? If I was you I would google earth the rivers in your area and find some bends or find a topographical map of it as well to find depth changes and what not. lemme know what you have around you and I'll help ya anyway I can

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Alot of new members come here, and with a few post they are asking people for good spots to catch flatheads, it goes on in every state.

I dont know of many people who are gonna give up there spots.

But with a little leg work, it wont take you long to find some decent spots to fish.

4. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa
    you are right of course, but i am actualy not asking for spots per sey but whether or not the rivers in the area are any good for flats. i honestly dont like fishin other people spots, i like to find my own.

but thank you for you response :)

5. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa

I am off to do that here in a couple. got north/south skunk (never can remember which) iowa river over by marengo.

ok, i live in grinnell, about 20 miles from newton, 40 from marshalltown and about 40 from marengo. so honestly i think the skunk will be the one i fish most if givin the chance :D

thank you, off to search the maps...

6. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would like to apologize for the sound of this response. I was just waking up, and was rather cranky.