Looking for fishing buds

Discussion in 'LOCAL WISCONSIN TALK' started by wiscatman, Jun 1, 2007.

1. wiscatman

wiscatman New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Hello to all just joined the brotherhood and I'm lookin for people in western Wis to take some trips for some nice cats. I've got some real nice spots but when I ask the rest of my fishin' buds they give me that dirty look like I'm crazy! Just drop me a line and we'll make a plan up!

2. WI Mudshark

WI Mudshark New Member

State:
    Wi
    Well , This is my 1st post also.............
    Great site BTW :smile2:
    What part of western Wi are you in catman?
    might see if we can work something out.....

later :big_smile:

3. wiscatman

wiscatman New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Well Mudshark I'm over in the Menomonie area, but I fish everywhere from the Chip to the Big Muddy. Were you from I'm always looking for new fishin' partners.

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.

5. WI Mudshark

WI Mudshark New Member

State:
    Wi
    Hey catman.........I'm down here in LaX......I'm just getting back into catfishing.....have'nt fished for them in 30+ years.
    Used to fish'em all the time when I was younger and had more time......
    Now I'm older and got too much time so......:cool2:
    I do go to Lake Holcombe a couple of times a year (my boss has a cabin on the lake) so we could get together sometime.:smile2:

6. wiscatman

wiscatman New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Well Mudshark that would be great a good friend of mine lives in Cornell so I fish up in that area quite a bit. Catfishing up there is not bad but the further south you head it gets much better. Right now my schedule is pretty full until July so let me know if you'd like to get out then. You can e-mail me at "wis_ron at yahoo dot com". Hope to hear from you so we can do some fishin'. Until then tight lines!

7. Shallowdraft

Shallowdraft New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey Catman..I'm also in Menomonie. I just found this site and so far seems great. Ya ever fish the stretch of River between Cornel and Jim Falls?

8. wiscatman

wiscatman New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Hi Shallowdraft and welcome to BOC! Yes this is a great site. I've been learning new things everytime I'm here. And yes I do fish that strech of the Chip quite often and have very good luck there. Say if you would like to go sometime in the near future just let me know and I'll get in contact with you so we can plan something. Until later. Tight lines!

9. Shallowdraft

Shallowdraft New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Ya lets try and plan something soon. I work a kind of screwed up schedule but we could try to make things work. I'm not sure what the rules are about exchanging phone #'s on this site..Later

10. wiscatman

wiscatman New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Ya I hear you about a messed up schedule, I have one to! best days for me would be Sat. nights Sundays or Tuesdays. Drop me a line and let me know if any of those days will work then we'll get phone #'s to set a time and place. I have great access to creek chubs (this is what I use the most and seems to work the best!) I go through about 2-3 dozen everytime I go. Crawlers also work great but I have a hard time paying $3.50 for 2 dozen (I always take about 10-12 dozen each trip). If you know a place we could dig or pick them let me know. I'm all about catfishing on the cheap, kind of reminds me of being young again! Until later ,tight lines!

11. Shallowdraft

Shallowdraft New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    This weekend is shot...Tuesday I work untill 6pm. I have Wednesday and Thursday off this coming week but after next weekend I will have Monday and Tuesday with Wednesday and Thursday being work days and Friday,Saturday and Sunday off. As for bait I usually stop and catch some Mooneye's in the Red Ceder and use them for Cut bait...Carp or Sucker work well to.

12. Thetiedyeguy

Thetiedyeguy New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I live in La Crosse. I fish the Black and Mississippi rivers a lot. Drop me a line. I'm looking for a good partner for a September 8th catfish derby!

13. Shallowdraft

Shallowdraft New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    He Tiedye...September 8th I'll be in Canada Fishing and Bear hunting for a week. Sometime for the heck of it though?

14. newtothegame2

newtothegame2 New Member

State:
    hudson wisconsin
    anybody know a good place to fish on the st. croix?

thanks