looking for drift sock

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by coeboy1, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    looking for wind sock

2. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Drift sock or wind sock?

3. coeboy1

coeboy1 New Member

State:
    nc
    drift

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I made one out of a 5 gal bucket and when its onboard I store other stuff in it. The directions for makeing one is in the members library.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for posting this info Willard...

6. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    The only one I've ever bought I bought from Cabela's last year and I am more than satisfied. It has all the nylon straps needed and no need for additional rope. They were the best prices I could find last year and they have them on sale right now.

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I can tell you an inexpensive way to make one.....

1-5 gallon plastic bucket
    1- Throw net swivel
    Nylone rope

Drill (5) 2 inch holes in the bottom of the bucket. Then drill 4 holes in the top of the bucket at 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees just large enough to get the nylon rope thru and about 2 inches down from the top of the rim.

Take 2 pieces of nylon rope (about 2 1/2 feet long) and go thru the eye of the swivel. then tie one piece of rope at 0 and 180 degrees, through the small holes 2 inches down from the rim, repeat with the 90 and 270, then add about 15 feet of rope on the swievel and you tie the other end to the boat...works great for about 15 dollars

8. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    i have two 6ft socs i will sale for &140.oo if you pick them up they have very little use

9. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    check ebay [drift sock ] hope that helps

10. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Boomer, where do you get a throw net swivel, and what size rope do you use? Thanks.

11. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    i made mine out of 5 gallon buckets they work better than drift socks as they dont collect the debris as bad as the socks super easy to make and inexpensive go to hookedoncatfish.com and mr lange has detailed instructions on how to make if your interested hope this helps:wink:

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I usually cut them off my old throw nets, however you can got to Lowe's, Home Depot, ect, and they have swievels you can get that servest the same purpose (I just built a tire swing for my girls and bought one) they dont have to be very big. I use 1/2 in nylon rope, it works well and does not rot..

13. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Academy Sports in Spartanburg has 36" socks for $15.00 each. I have 3 of them, they work great. They are made from a heavy vinyl material, with 4 heavy nylon straps.

God Bless All,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.