Looking for chum/wheat

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by NIMROD, May 11, 2007.

1. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I'm trying to find bulk wheat to sour and bait catfish holes. I hope to find some around Dardanelle /Russelville area. Anyone know some farmers or what ever that would sell some. Does'nt need to be top quaility as we sour it anyway. Seed wheat is all I can find and it's too expensive.

2. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    THE NEW CROP IS ABOUT READY TO COME OFF YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND A FARMER WILLING TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SOME.IF NOTHING ELSE DRIVE AROUND IN THE CROP LAND TILL YOU FIND A SPILLAGE.THE HARVEST USUALLY STARTS LAST WEEK OF MAY THROUGH THE FIRST COUPLE OF WEEKS OF JUNE.

3. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    HAVE YOU EVER TRIED RICE IT SOURS REALLY WELL TO.I LIVE IN CARLISLE AND CAN GET YOU ALL YOU WANT JUST LET ME KNOW SOMETHING.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Any feed supply store can help you. Have you considered chicken scratch corn. Works great when ferminted. Good Luck on your choice.:lol: :big_smile:

5. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    milo will do well too, the red seed in hen scrach.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Wheat Shorts is the closest thing that I know. Can be bought at the local co-op or feed and seed store.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would go along with the chicken scratch. It has about all the grains in it... one of them should sour.

8. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    you will be lucky to find farmers with wheat, most of the wheat froze in the dough stage around here.they are trying to bale it for silage, it may be better as you go farther south. boliver

9. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Same thing here. The frost got it and there is no grain in the head. It's all being mowed for hay. grizzly